Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

POLL: Would YOUR guy wear a "man-gagement" ring?

Mind answering a quick poll for The Knot Live team? Thank you!
Follow TheKnot on our (absolutely gorgeous) Tumblr page: http://theknot.tumblr.com/ Are you on Twitter? Follow me @BumpKathleen

Re: POLL: Would YOUR guy wear a "man-gagement" ring?

• Options
    I know my man wouldn't wear a "man-gagement" ring, just because he is afraid of losing it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i would if I could see the thread.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    Yep, my FI wears one.  It's nothing fancy, but he likes the sentiment. 
  • Options
    Yes.  He keeps saying he wants to wear something that denotes that HE'S engaged as well.  He doesn't have one nor do I think he will, but he'd like it if it were culturally normal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine does wear one.  But it's not a "man-gagement" ring.  It's an engagement ring.  He's engaged, not man-gaged.  That just sounds stupid.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_poll-would-your-guy-wear-a-man-gagement-ring-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0d0fe994-e469-4a73-839e-3d2350806436Post:b07b55ad-21cf-4121-8005-ea00b55b466b">Re: POLL: Would YOUR guy wear a "man-gagement" ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine does wear one.  But it's not a "man-gagement" ring.  It's an engagement ring.  He's engaged, not man-gaged.  That just sounds stupid.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]
    Good point.  mine is not a "woman-gagement" ring.  Why should his be different?
  • Options
    I think it's a bit silly for a guy to wear an engagement ring.  But then my FI can't wear his wedding band while working, so he'll only have it on half the time anyway, and I'm perfectly OK with that.  WE know we are engaged, it's none of anyone elses business.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Mine would never wear one.  He's just wouldn't.  However, he has been caught wearing his wedding ring around the house since we bought it last week, even though our wedding isn't for 2 months.  Part of me wants to tell him to take it off since we're not married yet, but it's just so darn sweet that he's excited to wear it.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_poll-would-your-guy-wear-a-man-gagement-ring-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0d0fe994-e469-4a73-839e-3d2350806436Post:b07b55ad-21cf-4121-8005-ea00b55b466b">Re: POLL: Would YOUR guy wear a "man-gagement" ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine does wear one.  But it's not a "man-gagement" ring.  It's an engagement ring.  He's engaged, not man-gaged.  That just sounds stupid.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

Haha, and this too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My wonderful fiance' gave me a promise ring, and he kept hinting about getting himself one. I thought it would be clever to get him one, you know, to surprise him. I bought him a titanium band. He lost it. We got another, the very next day. He had that one for about a year and a half, then he lost that one...So when we got engaged back in June, he still had his 2nd band, when he lost that one, I went to Kays and bought him his Black Tungston ring. He loves it. Its different.
    He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options

My FI and I have matching stainless steel bands that are engraved with our names and the date of when we met (in person - we'd been internet dating and phoning for weeks before).  We still wear them.  We're going to do a diamond band for his "official" wedding band, but he's said that he'll wear the SS band to work so that he doesn't ruin the gold/diamond band.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Could TK maybe be a little more concerned with having a functioning website instead of coming up with inane polls (That we can't even see half the time due to the forums not properly working) that will take up a whopping 4 square inches of magazine space?

Or is that just asking way too much of you people?

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards