Ohio-Northeast

Engagement Photo's Location

We just found out that we get free engagement photo's from our photographer, so in the next couple of weeks we will be taking pictures. Where should we go? I know its winter, so that might limit the locations, but I need help!

Re: Engagement Photo's Location

• What part of northeast Ohio? Cleveland (east/west/south)? Akron/Canton? What kind of backdrop do you have in mind? Winery/restaurant (maybe somewhere with a fireplace?), favorite hangout or meeting place, public space (like the Avenue at Tower City)? A theater (plays or movie type)? Maybe there'a an activity you both enjoy that could prompt some nice pics (skiing, tobogganing, ice skating)? Or, if you're outdoorsy, go ahead with some outdoor pics in the Metroparks. Nature ia always beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ice skating is a possibility, we live in north royalton so anywhere around Cleveland would be good. Thanks for your help!
  • How about that 'ice' rink at Wade Oval (University Circle area)? It's some type of synthetic ice, but outdoors and there's no charge to skate there, unless you need to rent skates.
    http://www.universitycircle.org/events/2011/12/the-rink-at-wade-oval

There's also a regular outdoor ice rink in Cuyahoga Falls -- I know, not super close to you, but could be a neat backdrop.
    http://cfo.cityofcf.com/web/our-city/falls-river-square/ice-rink

For indoor places, the Cleveland Public Library Main branch has nice architecture and I don't believe they charge if you want to take pics there.

Hopefully others will have suggestions, too. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know ow far it is but the nature realm in Bath is beautiful! Our photographers were so impressed. There is everything from a rustic bridge over a lake, butterflie cages, waterfalls, and tons of different trees and garden areas. The place is huge... and free!! : )
  • @hhmbeun did you have to get a permit to take proffessional pictures at the Nature Realm?  
  • We ended up going downtown for our pictures. East 4th is a great place for engagement or wedding pictures!  Thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards