Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Inexpensive Cake & Flowers

Hi everyone,I am having a really tough time time finding cake for 100-150 people that won't cost an arm and a leg. I have contacted so many vendors and the going rate seems to be somwhere around $4.00 per person. Even with doing a main tiered cake and some sheet cakes, the amount is way more than I have wanted to spend.I am looking for something for at least half the price ($2.00 pp or less) and appreciate any vendor suggestions or out-of-the-box ideas! If you have any recommendations for very reasonably priced florists, I also appreciate that as well. I am meeting with Butterfly Petals today so I am looking forward to hearing what she says.THANKS SO MUCH!Julie

Re: Inexpensive Cake & Flowers

• Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making my own cake.  I took cake decorating classes from JoAnn's, and have perfected my cake recipes.  Only one tier will be real, and all others will be Styrofoam.  We are ordering sheet cakes from Costco to feed everyone else.  You can look on Craig's list for people who bake cakes at home for a living, but this is always a risk.  I know how much work goes into making a cake, but you shouldn't have to pay $800 for a wedding cake.I am also doing my own floral arrangements.  I am ordering my flowers from a wholesale flower distributor and saving tons.  For seven bouquets, 10 boutineers, 3 corsages, 20 centerpieces, and loose pedals it's only $500.  All of my arrangements are only roses, but it is saving me a ton!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with First Rose Events in Gilbert. A little over $400 for 7 bouquets, 4 corsages, 11 boutinnaires (I know it's spelled wrong!), cake flowers, and loose rose petals. Our arrangements only have loose petals, not actual flowers. Oh, and five pew bow arrangements, and a single white rose for the altar---a tribute to people who've passed away. I haven't seen any cakes that are less that 4-4.50 slice. I have seen some DIY suggestions of buying plain birthday cakes--round or sheets-- and stacking them yourself. If you do it with just plain frosting, you could get cake flowers to add yourself. Just a thought.Look on the DIY board, some good cake and flower thoughts.
  • Options
    kellytupkellytup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sugarlips was very reasonably priced.  My cake is $368 and that includes the delivery fee.  It's for 100 people.
  • Options
    weakheartweakheart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies, My cake person did a  cake for us (120) for $240 that included delivery also. Choc and Choc swirl.My daughter is now married and is having a great time being a newlywed our florist was Tylerscustomdesigns.com she was great also.I wasn't on here much but thank you all for all your help
  • Options
    mgmichelmgmichel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might wanna check with Suenos Bridal They offer almost everything you can imagine at very reasonable prices. I used them for my wedding cake was wondering inside out! We also used them for my sister's wedding. you can see some of there work at www.picturetrail.com/suenosbridal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards