Arizona-Phoenix

What's the best thing to eliminate from a photo package??

Hello ladies! I'm working with a photographer we would love to use for our wedding and I initially asked for a pricing package for the following: 8 hours, 2 photographers, CDs & rights to all images; no printed package.

I'm not sure what the best option is here, but I'm leaning towards 7 hours instead of 8 hours.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

<3 Charlene
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's the best thing to eliminate from a photo package??

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, if the photographer is a good photographer, if you pay for 7 hours and still need extra coverage, they shouldn't mind staying for no extra charge...
    And depending on the amount of guests you have, one photographer should be okay...
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say depending on the size of your wedding you may just want to eliminate a photographer. Our photographer said for less than 100 people she only recommends one because the photographers usually otherwise get in eachothers way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_whats-thing-eliminate-photo-package?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:8be027a7-7d95-4a47-84fa-0930a6da3646Post:8c507482-1b67-4cae-b8fa-3a66aa0b5035">Re: What's the best thing to eliminate from a photo package??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say depending on the size of your wedding you may just want to eliminate a photographer. Our photographer said for less than 100 people she only recommends one because the photographers usually otherwise get in eachothers way.
    Posted by Marissa0717[/QUOTE]

Since a second photographer's pay would most likely come out of the primary photographer's profit, I'd take her advice on this subject with a grain of salt (and maybe a twist of lime -- it's not even 2 PM and it's already been one of those days! ;.;).

To the OP: You absolutely want the digital images and full rights.  Is there anything happening in the last hour of your reception that you know you'll want on film?  If not, I'd trim down from 8 to 7 hours.  If so, I'd scale back to one photographer. Personally, I want "getting ready" shots of both my side and my FI's, so I'm more invested in the second photographer than I am in the hours of coverage.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on what's more important to you. I originally wanted two photographers, but when it came down to it, the pricing was out of our budget, so I opted to not go with a second photographer. I am going to get the photographer all day, so I figured one was enough.

I definitely wanted the CD so I could make prints and also pass it around my family so that they could make their own prints -- even though the CD was kind of expensive.

Up to you! If one hour less isn't a big deal, it sounds like that's your best bet. (:
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 7 hours instead of 8.  You can easily chop off a half hour on either side of the day.  I think having the engagement pics are going to be most important.  We used our engagements pictures a lot.
    Photobucket
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_whats-thing-eliminate-photo-package?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:8be027a7-7d95-4a47-84fa-0930a6da3646Post:afbe9ca4-e4f2-4e0a-ba2f-78ed60eff720">Re: What's the best thing to eliminate from a photo package??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the best thing to eliminate from a photo package?? : Since a second photographer's pay would most likely come out of the primary photographer's profit, I'd take her advice on this subject with a grain of salt (and maybe a twist of lime -- it's not even 2 PM and it's already been one of those days! ;.;). To the OP: You absolutely want the digital images and full rights.  Is there anything happening in the last hour of your reception that you know you'll want on film?  If not, I'd trim down from 8 to 7 hours.  If so, I'd scale back to one photographer. Personally, I want "getting ready" shots of both my side and my FI's, so I'm more invested in the second photographer than I am in the hours of coverage.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Actually Celles, she charges double for an extra photog (unless you want her hubby to be the 2nd one) so it doesn't take from her profit. And considering the fact that she is about half the price of most photogs in Phoenix, I don't trust that profit isn't her driving force in her decision.I have a friend who is sweet enough to take my FI's "getting ready" shots as our wedding so I lucked out there. My venue isn't very large either so I am imagine that the photographers would really have a touch time staying out of eachother's way
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    As a photographer I would eliminate the second photographer. The primary photographer is usually the one with the most talent and experience. On twitter I see a lot of requests for "second shooters" often these second shooters have less experience and talent so very few of the images are used in your final gallery. ;) Hope that helps! 

Julie Foskett
    Foskett Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards