Illinois-Chicago
Options

Hello & Meridian Banquets Question

I'm newly engaged (as of February 6th!) and new to this board. I will not be getting married until summer of 2012, so I have pleanty of time to gather information and plan. So hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone had any information regarding Meridian Banquets in Rolling Meadows. I looked up their packages online and the photos look gorgeous, so I wanted to hear if anyone had any experience with them. We'll be getting married in the Northwest Suburbs so if anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated as I am not from that area (FI is). We were also looking at Concorde Banquets, but I did not like it as much as Meridian. TIA!!

Re: Hello & Meridian Banquets Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would take a look at European Crystal in Arlington Heights, it's on Algonquin Road, just a few minutes away from Meridian.  I was looking at Meridian and European Crystal and chose EC just because I love their ballroom and think their food is delicious and we got a better deal with them for a Friday evening reception than Meridian could offer.  My family has hosted numerous events at European Crystal (in their smaller rooms) and we've never had a problem with their service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome :)

We looked into them and their pricing was great and the room was pretty (except for the front entrance - has some ugly green carpeting when you first walk in)....but we decided that we wanted a venue that would only hold just one wedding.  My sister and mom went to a wedding there 2 years ago and they said the food was awesome.

Other recommendations:  Makray Golf Club (our 2nd choice!), the Cotillion, European Crystal Banquets, Cafe La Cave, and the Metropolis Ballroom.

Good luck with the search!

• Options
    edited December 2011
     My friend is getting married this summer and having the reception at Meridian.  So far she has had no complaints.  As for other places to check out, I would recommend Chateau Ritz in Niles. It was recently remodeled, and FI and I found it a way better deal than European Crystal (which was also fine, but at the end of the day we were saving way more money and liked the room set-up better at CR).  I would also considered Belvedere in Elk Grove which is a little more "modern" , and agree with PP, about Cafe la Cave (but for us, they add too many extra charges that other places were'nt giving us)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  We looked at the Meridian, Concorde, Abbington, and some others.  The winner was the Cotillion!  So far we love them.  It was the place that fit us and our budget the best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the advice ladies! Not living in the area has become a HUGE struggle for me, so I appreciate all of the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards