Illinois-Chicago
Options

Groom's cake...vendors?

can any of you suggest a baker for the groom's cake?

i'd love to go to cake girls, but am trying to be realistic! 

i have a pretty good idea of the cake i want to get (based on his sports and music interests).

i'm going to have it made for dessert for the rehearsal dinner in naperville.

thanks in advance!

Re: Groom's cake...vendors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vanille Patisserie in Lincoln Park. They did my cake (PIB) shaped like Eddie, the mascot from Iron Maiden and did a fabulous job! All for my budget, too. I think 3D cakes start at 10-12/slice, so my cake was around 300 bucks. Way cheaper than other places that quoted me 1000. Ask for Kelli. =)
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you already talked to your wedding cake baker or caterer to see if they could put together something for you? tispycake and cake girls do a lot of the theme cakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, i dont have any reccomendations but i would sure love to see the pictures! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol mz carla...expect the pictures sometime in 3/11!  (luckily i have plenty of time to find a baker!)

thanks for the other suggestions, ladies.  our wedding cake comes with the dinner at the hotel...they do very pretty wedding cakes, but not really the fun sort of groom's cake i have in mind...and they don't do fondant, so it limits the design a little.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Luscious Layers in Bucktown are amazing. Their cakes taste great and they're reasonably priced! Check out their website! Everytime I order a cake I use them- my faves chocolate rasberry or their champagne cake- www.lusciouslayers.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    second the vanille suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards