Illinois-Chicago
Options

Can't decide on a dress, I need some help...PLEASE????????

Hey everyone....so I have found my dress, well I found two dresses that I've fallen in love with.  A Mikaella which is the first one, and a Maggie Sottero the second.  The Mikaella will be in Ivory.  The Maggie, is in that color, but with major allterations.  This is what it will look like from the front with the alterations.  I really can't decide and my friends and family will not help.  Please.....some imput would be nice :)

Re: Can't decide on a dress, I need some help...PLEASE????????

• Options
    OMG! Are you at the Crystal Bride in Geneva? LOL. I love the second dress on you! It's beautiful on you!
  • Options
    tiffany_zoetiffany_zoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the first one is gorgeous on you - but the second one is so unique.  tough one - go with the one that has the best quality for the money - and the one that is timeless.

good luck!
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Awww thanks!  Yes...I am .  Isn't that place the best.  Shante is awesome!  She has been so much help. 
    Thank you for your imput.  I'm also still dropping weight...40lbs. to go and wedding is not until October.
  • Options
    AlannaFAlannaF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the 2nd one is very flattering!
  • Options

Crystal Bride is awesome! I actually had Heather and she was amazing to work with. Whatever dress you choose, you'll look goregous in :)

• Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the first one, but they're both stunning!
    You really will look fantastic either way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girlies!  Very much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that the second one is more flattering, but like others are saying, they're both really great!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on narrowing down your dress options! Both dresses look great, but I  think I like the first one a little bit better.  I don't think you can't go wrong either one though! Good luck with your final choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you *can* go wrong with either one...Sorry-I should proof read.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm loving the 2nd one!!! You look fabulous!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you look BEAUTIFUL in both of them!

i have a slight preference for the top one...but you cannot go wrong with either one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you look good in both.   the second one defines your waste more, has a pretty detail (a flower?) to the side and I love how it falls on the ground, would be so nice when you dance in it and walk... I would definately go wuth the second.   good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for number 2 also- it's so sophisticated. However, it looks like the 1st one does not fit as well as the 2nd so maybe with alterations, the first would look just as perfect.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This isn't helping but you look great in both dresses!

Both dresses, IMO, are unique and very classy so you can't go wrong.

I'm glad you're at Crystal Bride-Chante is awesome! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp about both of them looking awesome!  But I think the first one flatters you more.  I like the first one....

Guess we're not helping  Laughing
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok...so I've changed out the picture for the first dress.  I thnk that this picture represents the dress better.  They are both sample dresses so they aren't exactly my size, but the second dress has a corsett on it, so it fits better than the first one.  The first one still has about 10 inches to zip and can be ordered with a corsett.  Hope this helps.  It's not for me :)
  • Options
    debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    They are both beautiful but I like the first one best. Good luck, it is a tough decision.
  • Options
    lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the 2nd dress! Very classic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jkbrown227jkbrown227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got my dress at the Crystal Bride last Saturday with the help of Heather...what a great experience!  You look great in both, but I like the first one best.  Good luck!
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for everyone's imput and compliments!  I'm so excited to get married I could pee my pants! Lol  This has been my only bump in the road.
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you decide?? You've got to keep us posted! :)
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.....still haven't decided.  I tallyed up the votes from everyone....50/50!   This is going to be a very, very tough one! Grrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the 1st one, it flows nicely on you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 115 Made the cut!
    image 90 Are ready to party and cruise Lake Michigan!
    image 21 Are party poopers and would rather be lame at home!
    image 4 Are actually really making me pissy now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    are they both the same price?   what dress needs more alterations?   I actually like the new picture you posed for dress # 1 more than the one you had before.   I'd say whatever dress costs less and needs less work because they both look nice. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like the second one better for the color. Its so beautiful.

• Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first dress is about $400 more than the second dress but......I wouldn't do a thing to it. The designer can make it with a corsett and in an ivory( Dress #2 color) like I would want. It would be just basic alterations, hemming and stuff like that. 

The second dress is at a great price, but the amount of alterations that have to be made to make it look like it does in the picture ( i have someone behind me pulling the dress in) is going to make it about the same price as dress #1. The original design of this dress is the Melissa Bouquet from Maggie Sottero.
  • Options
    rickycrystalrickycrystal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Both look great on you,  I would go with the first  one to avoid the alterations.Smile

• Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so we went on Saturday to try on bm dresses. We finished and all the girls wanted to see the dresses  I have narrowed down. The first one, I came out, and it was like crickets, no reaction, no one said anything.  The second one everyone had something to say, and when I said I wanted to alter it and change a couple of things, everyone started bickering and yelling at me.  The first dress is the one I really want but if no one else likes it and doesn't think it looks good?????? Who do I listen to??? My heart, or 10 women.  I will say, I have put on 10 lbs. since I took the picture with the first dress, so I know it didn't look as good as it could, but still....... HELP!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards