Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bars & Clubs - Bachelorette Party

Hello Chicago knotties!!! :-)

I am looking into the option of having my bachelorette party in Chicago and need your help. There will be about 10 girls and it will be April 29 & 30. I would like to go somewhere Friday night that is more of a jeans type of place, maybe a place that has a live band, but we can still cut loose.

Saturday night I would like to get all dressed up in cute dresses and heels and head to a big nightclub where we can dance.

Do you have suggestions for particular bars/clubs that we should visit?

Also, what area of town should I look for a hotel? I would like to keep the rooms under $200 each.

Thanks for your help! :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bars & Clubs - Bachelorette Party

• Options
    barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have said it before and will say it again, Howl at the Moon is a fantastic Bparty place!  They totally cater to brides and it is SO much fun!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (waves) Hi GoBucks! I'm so excited you are going to have your bach. party here!

Here are my suggestions:
    Hotel--
    -look in River North area (they are pricey, but if you use priceline.com you might be able to get a good deal); don't forget to ask how much their overnght parking is!
    -OR anywhere in the loop should be convinient---there are public transportation and taxi options pretty much everywhere

Bars/clubs
    -Wrigleyville (there is a piano bar, more sports bars--check to see if the Cubs are playing that weekend?, and other Irish pub like places too)
    -River North/Gold Coast--more dance clubs/lounges....might be paying cover, pricier, etc.  Also has piano bars.

If you want, PM for specifics :)
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday a great option would be Quartino's for dinner (Italian Tapas---soooooo good!) and then over to Pops for Champagne! there's an Embassy Suites right by both of these places that would be super convienent for the weekend. These are all on State St between Ohio and Ontario so walking distance for shopping during the day.
    Red Headed Piano bar isn't too far from here either.
    Something awesome to do is to grab drinks at the Signature Room (95th floor of Hancock) at sunset.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the bars down in wrigleyville (if you dont mind taking a taxi/public transportation). There are a bunch if clubs downtown too -- but clubs r def not my thing so I cant say which is good but i'll list what I know -- excalibur, cuvee, enclave. I personally love bar celona in wrigleyville --$5 friday martinis, YUM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always check out The Baton Club. It's a drag show. It's downtown. It's an awesome show and it's a good place to sit, enjoy drinks, and a show. I've also heard Howl at the Moon is a good time (never been there tho). Have fun planning!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls are awesome!! I am writing everything down, so keep 'em coming! :-)

HI AIMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There! We did my Bach party at two bars, District and Crescendo. We had tables at District, which are free but you need to reserve them. They, we did bottle service at Crescendo. The two are very close to each other so we stated the night at District then walked to Crescendo at about midnight and finished there. So much fun!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to pp--I like Crescendo!  Also, that group of clubs (Soundbar, Y Bar and Crescendo) just opened a new club off North Ave. called Hearts which is cute. It's a little smaller, but nice and a friendly staff.

Also, I am like @loveisbald--I like regular old bars better than clubs and in Wrigleyville you won't look dumb if you start a random dance party. 

Oh I also forgot--I like Market Bar which is in the West Loop. More of a restaurant if you are looking for somewhere to eat.
  • Options
    pittypitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Howl At The Moon is fun. If you want a really awesome live band, look for where Black Cadillac playing. They are fantastic.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to Quartino's (Italian Tapas) for dinner for my b-party, to a show at Baton Club and then to bars on Division and State strees. It was fun and pretty low key

-Big clubs: Excalibur and Cuvee are popular and usually have cover charges (after 10pm or so?)

-Friday night: we live near Wrigleywille and go out there all the time. It's really fun.  Red Ivy seems to always be crowded, but has good music.  Moe's Cantina is another popular big bar.

-As for hotels, I'd using priceline.com and put yourself within zip codes 60610 or 60611.

-Also, Howl at the Moon is really fun.  We went there for my SIL's b. party.  However, there were like 5 other brides that had the same wedding date as her, so if you want to "be special" as a bride-to-be, this may not be the place (for Baton club there was only one other b. party there when we went for me).  We also went to Rock-It, which is right next to Howl at the Moon.

-I'd also suggested asking the consierge at whatever hotel you stay at if they have any passes or drink coupons for any of the local bars.  We stayed at Sofitel for SIL's party (my bro works in HR there) and got free admission to Howl at the Moon, plus we didn't have to stand in the awful line.  Worth trying!

Also, I'd double check on wearing jeans to Pops Champagne, I know they don't allow shorts for guys, so better to be safe than sorry on the dress code.

Another idea for Friday night would be bowling at 10 Pin (next to House of Blues)...it's pretty fun
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second The Baton Club.  They have a show where guys dress up as famous people and sing their songs.  The wait staff is also in costume.  We took a guy friend there and he didn't figure out until the end of the evening that they were dudes.  Too funny!

and they cater to bachrolette parties.  It's a totally different kind of evening than you'll have anywhere else.  If you go there, make sure you make reservations in advance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

there is a business called  VIP bachelorette which can help you build packages based off of many different price points.... website "VIPBachelorette.com" and they have relationships will ALL the businesses listed in the previous posts.  they are well worth your time to call, the owner is named Angela, and she works her butt off to make sure you and your ladies have a great time, with whatever you choose!

congrats! have a blast!

• Options
    edited December 2011

We love staying at Hotel Blake when we are in Chicago, the rooms are very nice, it has a great location and the staff is really nice!  On Expedia you can get rooms for a good rate too.  We stay there every time we go to Chicago.  LOVE IT!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards