Illinois-Chicago

Update to "Beware of Eva's Bridal" Post! - It gets worse!

Please refer to my previous post for reference. Long story short, I went to Eva's Bridals in Oak Lawn to look at bridal gowns.  A couple of weeks later I made a second appointment with plans to purchase a dress there.  I was there for over 45 minutes and somehow the dress was nowhere to be found, but received no apology from the staff.  I was furious and frustrated, and therefore wrote my original post. 

I visited the Eva's location in Tinely Park and spoke with the manager about the situation.  She finally apologized and suggested that I give them another chance....So against my better judgement, I decided to make another appointment for this Saturday.

Today, I received an "urgent" voice mail from a sales associate, Kasia, asking that I return her call.  When I did call back this evening, she explained that her manager had seen my review online, and since I was so unhappy, then maybe they're not the best place for me.  So instead of asking what they can do to rectify the situation or being grateful for that I decided to give them a second chance which they clearly did not deserve, they tell me that I shouldn't bother to come in. And if that were the case, I don't understand why the manager didn't call me herself.  Again, more proof that they clearly do not know how to properly run a business.

Well Eva's Bridals in Oak Lawn, I hope you enjoy reading this post as well.  Too bad you can't respond since vendors are not allowed on this site.  Instead of hiring people to scour the internet looking for all of your negative reviews, and then writing fake positive reviews, like you do on Yelp, you should hire someone to help organize your store.  If you focused more on customer service instead of drafting bogus reviews, then wouldn't have to worry about receiving any negative reviews. 

The one positive thing about this very unfortunate experience is that I can left the several other brides I know who are getting married within the next year or two to avoid Eva's Bridals.  I've been to 3 other bridal shops and received nothing less than the VIP treatment.  So I know I will find my dress elsewhere and will not have to worry about whether or not Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn actually placed the order (Click here for Reviews on Yelp). 

Brides, I truly hope you learn from mine and SO many other bride's mistakes and stay away from Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn.

Re: Update to "Beware of Eva's Bridal" Post! - It gets worse!

• loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I have been also spreading the word. They were NASTY to me when I went in to buy a dress, as well.

I was pressured to buy a dress with the "love at first sight" discount. It was my first day out and I kept hearing "buy it now or you won't gget a discount". Ikept being told that over and over. I am not an impulse shopper so I didn't appreciate the pressure. I slept on it and decided I just adored the dress, so I went back less than 24 hours and was told "sorry, we warned you". I suppose they did, but who on earth would spend 200.00 more for a dress less than 24 hours later. I would have been stupid to do that. I just felt screwed. When my sister asked to see the manager, she was told "sorry, too busy", but then she came out. MY sister explained the situation and she was told "well, she was told she had to buy it yesterday" for the discount..I get, it was true, but it was said to me rudely..Finally, my sister said "well, don't you want her to buy the dress? She isn't going to buy it for 200.00 more then it was YESTERDAY". MY sister was told "we have other customers". We left without the dress.

Yes, I bought it somewhere else.. I ended up emailing another shop asking if they had it..They special ordered it for me to try on and I bought it there. They were notihng but kind and sweet to me. I ended up spending 100.00 more than the "love at first sight" price, but I GLADLY would rather spend that money to a place that treated me well, then be "pressured" into buying one on the spot if I wasn't ready....

Oh, and this store told me the truth andknew their stuff. The dress was going to need a special hem since I am short and the designs of the dress can't just be "pulled up" . I asked Eva and they didnt recognize that issue (which even I recognized). And no, this place wasn't conning me because they ended up eating up the cost of the "special hem" because they felt bad for me once they heard my story...

If Eva's were gonna be soo rude to me on the spot, how would they have treated me once I had the money
  • Oh no!  I actually just bought my dress from the Oak Lawn location.  My consultant was Pat and she was extremely nice and not pushy at all.  I had been to the Chicago location (where they told me to come back when I had a "more realistic budget") and the Tinley Park location (they gave me the "you have to buy it today or no discount").  Pat actually picked out the dress I fell in love with and, even though it was at my budget, gave me an additional discount because of a sample sale they had the week before.  She didn't try to push accessories and was extremely nice.

Sorry that you had such an awful experience :(
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_update-to-beware-of-evas-bridal-post-it-gets-worse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:bf70fb1b-d18a-4efe-a81f-3904fb59ff3ePost:f9b9851d-1e03-47b3-b843-b4d1aaafb391">Re: Update to "Beware of Eva's Bridal" Post! - It gets worse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!  I actually just bought my dress from the Oak Lawn location.  My consultant was Pat and she was extremely nice and not pushy at all.  I had been to the Chicago location (where they told me to come back when I had a "more realistic budget") and the Tinley Park location (they gave me the "you have to buy it today or no discount").  Pat actually picked out the dress I fell in love with and, even though it was at my budget, gave me an additional discount because of a sample sale they had the week before.  She didn't try to push accessories and was extremely nice. Sorry that you had such an awful experience :(
    Posted by jbenbe28[/QUOTE]
    I had a great experience at the Oak Lawn store as well. Just FYI to others who might be reading this. The Oak Lawn and Tinley Park stores are the same owner, the Orland Park and Chicago stores are completely separate and different owners.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_update-to-beware-of-evas-bridal-post-it-gets-worse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:bf70fb1b-d18a-4efe-a81f-3904fb59ff3ePost:f9b9851d-1e03-47b3-b843-b4d1aaafb391">Re: Update to "Beware of Eva's Bridal" Post! - It gets worse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!  I actually just bought my dress from the Oak Lawn location.  My consultant was Pat and she was extremely nice and not pushy at all.  I had been to the Chicago location (where they told me to come back when I had a "more realistic budget") Posted by jbenbe28[/QUOTE]

WOW HOW RUDE!!!.................
  • I had a horrible experience with my bridesmaid dress at the Oak lawn location.  I am a petite person.  I know that dresses run small, but I get everything I wear tailored so I know my measurements.  They were very pushy- trying to get me to order a larger size.   When  my dress came in it was (surprise surprise!) way too big and the sash/strap color was wrong.  
    Well they fixed the sash, not very well I might add. then tried to charge me for their mistake, and quoted me $130 for alterations. 
    The bride got her dress from Eva's and while the selection was large and her consultant was helpful she ahd trouble with customer service (her calls being returned, timeliness of fittings, etc) and alterations (she never did like how the bust turned out) after purchasing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards