Iowa-Des Moines
Options

how long for rvsp's?

What do you think is acceptable for length of time to return rsvp's? I'd like to do two weeks - i've heard that's short. My thought was that you already know people are going to go past the due date, so if you did two weeks it might encourage people to get it done with in 3 or 4? Maybe i'm wrong on this...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how long for rvsp's?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did some searching online, I wasn't sure either, but this looked like the most popular answer.

You want your RSVP's 2 weeks before you have to have a final headcount to your caterer.
    So if you need final headcounts 2 weeks before the wedding, then make the deadline 1 month ahead - that will give you time to call those people who haven't responded on time.
    If your caterer wants headcounts 1 month ahead, then you need your RSVP's 6 weeks before the wedding.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we allowed 4 weeks on the rsvp and sent our invites out 7 weeks before the wedding. that allowed us 2 weeks to follow up with people who hadn't responded and then 1 week to give the hotel the head count.

2 weeks does seem awfully short to me.
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes now that I read that again, it does seem short. I was up way to late to posting!!

But I was on another board today and they had the same question.

here is what was said.

http://forums.theknot.com/default.aspx?path=http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What I did was give them 4 weeks to respond, which is three weeks before the wedding. That week all of those that havent responded will be getting a call from myself, the MOB or MIL. I think thats plenty of time, my final numbers arent due til 2 weeks before at the earliest and caterer only needs ten days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Andy & Erin
  • Options
    EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4 weeks is good.  I sent mine out 2 months before the wedding, asked for RSVPs one month out, because you will need to follow up with those that just don't bother to drop the darn postcard in the mail.  That gave me plenty of time to track guests and get a final headcount to my venue/hotels/caterer/etc. 
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards