Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Candy Buffet Supplies - where to buy?

For those of you who did or are doing candy buffets, where is the best place to buy things like the scoops and candy?  I don't want to spend a fortune, but also want it to look neat - preferrably with our wedding colors...

Also, just curious, do you set it up yourself or just give someone at your venue the details and all of your stuff and they set it up??  Just curious how it works.  TIA!!  :)

Re: Candy Buffet Supplies - where to buy?

• edited December 2011
    I have seen some really cute metal scoops at MIchaels...in the wedding section.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_candy-buffet-supplies-buy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:34fa418e-3657-4afa-9dcc-fba3f3c99b75Post:c1f3b77a-46db-447c-83a0-3c3c39893d49">Re: Candy Buffet Supplies - where to buy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have seen some really cute metal scoops at MIchaels...in the wedding section.
    Posted by gettingmarriedin2011[/QUOTE]

Ooh I never would have thought to look there.  I wonder if they are reasonably priced.  I saw some scoops online that are like $20 a PIECE so when you need several it gets expensive!!   I will check it out tho!  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    In my bio is a link to a place that rents the whole set up (picture is in my bio too, not on the website though) - pretty inexpensive! 

(in my bio it's under "It's all in the details")
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Stupid question, but how do you look at someone's bio? Help!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out lionsdeal.com for scoops. They are on sale this week (on the home page)
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought metal scoops at Walmart.
    My whole candy buffet setup is for sale.
    Pic in bio under For Sale tab.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine from a past knottie and plan on selling it after our wedding. Check out the "For Sale" sticky at the top of the boards. Our DOC is setting ours up, but you could talk to your venue and see if that's something they'd be willing to do
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marinemeuwecmarinemeuwec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a friend who rented the whole set including the scoops from heartstrings bridal, i think the scoops were $3 each to rent

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm selling my candy buffet set up for $75 - 14 containers (I think) and 18 or so scoops.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards