Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bride's name or groom's name first on personalized things?

I know that on invitations, the bride's name goes first. What about anything else personalized for the wedding? Does the brides name go first or the grooms?

Re: Bride's name or groom's name first on personalized things?

• edited December 2011
    Not sure on non-monogrammed stuff, but if you're doing something monogrammed, the bride's initial goes first. I had a piece of silk embroidered with our initials and wedding date (to go inside my dress) and our monogram looked like this:

K K D (Kate - first letter of my fiancé's last name - Dave)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did his name first on our cake server set, but my name is first on just about everything else (we were gifted personalized toasting flutes, and my name is first on those too)  I don't know the right/wrong way, but figured I got first billing on everything else so switched it for the cutter/server set (just b/c!)  I think either way is fine, it's whatever you both want to look at and how you want it read IMO!
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do whatever you want but I would say most common would be brides name first on everything.
  • edited December 2011

Traditionally it's bride's name first for stuff before the wedding and groom's name first after

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up putting my FI name first on our Aisle runner Monogram just because it fit and looked more pleasing aesthetically.  My FI did comment that I didn't put my name first, but it's not a big deal to me.  To me, It sounds better out loud when you say his name first (plus it comes first alphabetically) :)
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I put my name first on the invite and my name first on our personalized ribbon on the unity candle. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything for the wedding has my name first.  That's what I kept reading was the "right thing to do" over a year ago when I joined TK.

But it's totally up to you.  Several girls on my June board did it with the grooms name first for some stuff.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards