April 2013 Weddings
Options

Introduce us to your babies & furbabies!

I noticed that I'm not the only Momma on the board so I thought it would be fun if we introduced our babies & furbabies.  Pics are optional.  :-)

FI and I have been together for 9 years and our daughter will be 5 this summer.  She was born at 35 weeks, but was healthy as a horse and came home with me 2 days later.  She was definitely NOT planned but I wouldn't trade her for anything.  I am lucky to stay home with her, even though that means living on 1 income and having to give up some of the "extras" in life. 

No furbabies here, since our landlord doesn't allow pets.  But shhhhhh...... we just bought a fish tank with a plastic fish that moves around when you turn it on.  lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Introduce us to your babies & furbabies!

• Options

I love that you included furbabies. This is my beautiful cat named Kitty. Not very creative but my fiance won that battle, since he wanted a puppy at first. We adopted her from the SPCA three years ago, one week before they were exposed for inhumane practices. We are very grateful that we were able to save her.

• Options
    My daughter just turned 2 at the end of February.  FI isn't her bio dad but is the only dad she has ever known.  He has been around since she was 7 months.  After the wedding he is going to do a step parent adoption to legally be her father.  She was a surprise but the best thing that I have ever done.  I am so blessed that FI and his entire family has taken her under their wing as one of their own.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When my fiance and I started dating 6 years ago, he had his dog Lucy and I had a cat named Louise. Now we're one big happy family. Even though he says he's not a "cat person", I catch him sleeping in bed with my cat : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We've been together 5 years, living together approximately 3 (long distance for a year and a half, then together, then there was a brief interlude there, where we were trying to move to NYC and went long distance again).  About 6 months into living together, we decided to adopt...a cat.  So here's our little angel:

Her name is actually kind of a fun story.  She's called Morrison.  We had wanted to name our cat "Mo" after the little robot in Wall-E, but my FI decided Morrison was a good name, as that was the dorm we both lived in at our college sophomore year (we lived on the same floor, but didn't meet until senior year).  Thus, Morrison Uhura (we got her the opening weekend of Star Trek) Carolina (we went to UNC) was named :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_introduce-us-to-your-babies-furbabies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:aed4a03a-e59e-48c3-8a8d-3347da56c9cfPost:1b56c105-62c9-4957-8e8a-aa1a99b1c3a5">Re: Introduce us to your babies & furbabies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my furbaby from my first marriage.  I adopted her when she was already 2, so her name was established and I didn't want to confuse her and change it.  Kitty it was.  <strong>BUT I figured I could expand on it and give nicknames, so.... Full name is now Queen Kitty the first aka: Kitty-Kitty Fuzz-Butt.</strong> FI also has a hamster named Chihiro (name is from Spirited Away), but I don't have any pics of her on this computer.
    Posted by Kamakanani[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing! By now her name has expanded to "Princess Angel Kitty Snuggles" because it irritates my FI, but I usually call her angel-kitty lol
  • Options
    My sister has a dog named Lexi.  And yes, I'm one of those weird-o's who buys the pets pet treats at Christmas time.  Every year, Lexi's tag on her gift has some new variation of her name.  She has been Lexus, Gluteus Leximus, Lexi-pro, Lexican Jumping Bean, and I'm too Lexi for my shirt.  That last one was HARD to fit on a gift tag!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    I have a neurotic Chihuahua mix called Koko who I adopted in mid-2003 when she was approximately 2.5 yrs old.  She is the most loyal "puppy" ever.  My FI is really not a pet person but is getting better with her.  We were talking last night about her recent vet visit and I mentioned that the vet calls her "Koko mylastname".  He asked if she will become "Koko hislastname" when we get married.  My response, of course, was ABSOLUTELY.  He just shook his head....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012

My FL has a 13 y.o twin, my soon to be step son :) and we have 2 kittens together, they are 9 months old! Louie Abel and Gucci Kane.

11*23*12 95image 38image 28image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards