Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

feel like I'm making progress

My wedding is in February 2013 and our venue is booked. . and I just did room blocks for hotels. Our tasting date is also reserved in October where we'll make 90% of the other decisions (cake, flowers, photographers, day of coordinator??, etc.)

Just wanted to write since I know you all will understand!

Re: feel like I'm making progress

• Options
    Congrats on the progress. It all sounds great!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I know wedding planning is a tough process, especially long distance, but  I would just recommend that you go ahead and book your photographer as well as hair & makeup people.  They tend to book up quickly, and you definitely want to have your pick of vendors.  It's probably worth hiring your day of coordinator now.  They may be able to give you some great feedback on vendors and the planning process.  I hired All About Events for the month of and consulting package, so I could ask her questions throughout the planning process. 
  • Options
    I agree with blue - definitely get the photographer and also the florist and hair & makeup sorted sooner rather than later - I wouldn't wait til October.

But, sounds like great progress so far!! Yay!
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I'm letting photographer and florist be my May packages and am looking into coordinators now (you'll see a post on this).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards