Michigan-Detroit
Options

Captain's table?

Pros and cons or anything you would have done differently? We have two married couples in our bridal party and we're very close with the significant others of other bridal party members, so we'd like to include them at a captain's table. But I'm struggling with the idea of having my back to some tables if we put our table in the middle of the room. Maybe we sit at the head of the table?

Re: Captain's table?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just centered our captain's table at the head of the room and faced the crowd.  Seemed to work well.  And I didn't stay in that seat for very long, to be honest. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did this and LOVED it.  We centered the table and we sat at the head of the table, so we were the only ones who didn't have our back to anyone.  It was soooooo nice to be able to talk to everyone at the table.
  • Options
    RachelCheetahRachelCheetah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about make the table in sort of a U-shape? With the open part of the U facing/open towards the guest tables, that way no one's back is fully turned to guests?I really like the captain's table idea though, however you do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we also did a captain's table and we were at the head of the table so we had our back's to the DJ and the dance floor but were facing everyone else. Not sure if you can tell from any of the photos in my review or not. If you want a picture of the room or a picture of our layout I made ahead of time, I can email you if you want.
    FINALLY! My Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all! I think sitting at the head of the table sounds like a good plan. wpw08, I'd love to take a look -- marcstaceywedding at gmail.com. Many thanks.    
  • Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zawa0915 did a captain's table... if i remember right there is some info about it in her bio or blog. Now that I think about it, I think it's in her blog.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YGM!
    FINALLY! My Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards