Michigan-Detroit
Options

Rehearsal Dinner?'s

Did anyone order invitations for the rehearsal dinner? I'm not looking to spend a crazy amount of money on these. Sending an e-vite is not an option because there's some guests that do not check their e-mail on a daily basis. Plus that would be one more thing I'd have to get from everyone. I thought about just doing a flyer and printing it off, but I don't want it to look cheap. Another option I thought of is buying cardstock and making them on the cardstock. Our rehearsal dinner is not formal, so I want the invites to reflect that. I've even thought if it was necessary to send out invitiations? Could I just call the people invited? It's just our bridal party, readers, parents, and grandparents. I could even send out a Facebook invitation for the bridal party. Thoughts?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner?'s

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely mail something. Cardstock, flyer, or get the cheap print your own wedding invites (the one page 8 x 5 cardstock ones).

I'll probably be doing a cute cardstock and adding the timeline info with it.
  • Options
    japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about a Vistaprint postcard? I think that's what I'm going to do. It seems like it would be the easiest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jbasore1123jbasore1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing any type of formal invite and we're having a very low-key type of affair. I don't have the budget for invites and the bridal party all knows that they need to be at the rehearsal anyway. If you are not planning on too many people, I think you're fine without invites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did send invites, but I made them myself (cheaply).  our dinner is at a brew house, so it's definitely a little more casual...pic below.  I just printed on cardstock (2 to a sheet), glued it to scrapbook paper, added the stamp & stuff.  I just bought a pack of enveopes from Michaels.  I can send you my word file if you'd like.  hope that helps!  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made some, very cheaply, & handed out most of them. My parents & grandma got mailed ones but other than that, we just passed them out. There's a pic in my bio.
  • Options
    Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought post cards at Office Max and printed all all the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner info of there and handed them out.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are mine...I used Vistaprint. I got 20 of them for about $14 after shipping. 

(our rehearsal is at Rochester Mills - hence the 'beer' theme) I included directions on the backside from the ceremony location to Rochester Mills and then from Rochester Mills to the hotel (since most will be staying the night)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just called and emailed those invited.  Like you, it's just our parents and bridal party.  They're likely to lose a paper invite anyway so I didn't want to spend the time or money on invites!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rehearsal-dinners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b780ddc8-ab92-4463-9429-bbb256fa02b6Post:a7c581b8-d148-4eca-a68c-6e68ca1896ed">Re: Rehearsal Dinner?'s</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are mine...I used Vistaprint. I got 20 of them for about $14 after shipping.  (our rehearsal is at Rochester Mills - hence the 'beer' theme) I included directions on the backside from the ceremony location to Rochester Mills and then from Rochester Mills to the hotel (since most will be staying the night)
    Posted by sunkissed212[/QUOTE]
    Kim, that's where we had our rehearsal dinner too... loved it! Great food, great room, and uh, great beer :)
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're passing the info along through word of mouth, and maybe putting the info on our wedding website for guests. All of FI's family is basically coming in from OOT so they'll be coming to the rehearsal dinner being hosted at FI's parents house.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards