Michigan-Detroit
Options

What's your biggest????

Okay so FI and I have about 7 months left to go and it's getting crunch time plus with the stress of paying for the entire wedding ourselves the biggest debate we have with the wedding is over having a photo booth!!! I told FI that I really wanted one and this could serve as favors. I told him that we could add this in since I have finally paid off my car and I'm no longer paying $360 a month. He still just doesn't get it so I paid the $100 deposit anyway and he still makes littke smart comments like yeah I see you got your photo booth and all this crap so I told him I better not see him in the booth 1 time lol.

What are you and your FI's biggest debates about the wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's your biggest????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a pretty big debate about the photo booth a while back and ended up deciding against it.

We also debated quite a bit on a videographer, and we ended up compromising by using the money to buy a nicer camera than we have now, and then hopefully enlist a family member or friend to video a little bit for us on the wedding day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was the biggest debate for us.

The first one we booked just didn't work out, and I was very leary about committing to anyone after we fired the first one. We didn't book our photographer Ben until six months out because of my hesitation. DH was annoyed with the whole interview process. However, I stood my ground and wanted to make sure he met with the photographers I looked into. My biggest concern was making sure we were all on the same page with what we wanted and that we got along. I'm glad I put up a fight because we love our photos and will probably use our photographer for other events down the road.

I can understand your frustration, but you probably shouldn't have put a deposit down unless your FI was 100% in it with you. That was part of the problem when I booked our first photographer (by myself). They came recommended through our venue and though I got along with him on our initial meeting, things went down hill from there, fast. I ended up being out $500 (our deposit) because it was written that way in the contract I signed.

There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far, it has been chair covers. I really want them because I do not like the chairs at our reception  hall. Everyone tells me it's a waste of money, but it's just something small I really want. FI keeps nagging me though if we really have to have them and we could save that extra couple hundred dollars...
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our biggest debate was the videographer. Initially I didn't want one because I had only ever seen cheesy wedding videos, so we didn't allow for it in our budget. Then I discovered ours and begged and pleaded! I got my way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's funny!  I initially wanted a videographer....but I've only see really cheesy wedding videos since I started looking to book someone.  So, we came to a compromise and we're going to have a family memeber record our ceremony.

FI and I have had fun so far planning our wedding!  The biggest drama to this point has been created by my mom...she flipped out when we told her we wanted to look at a barn for the possible venue.  And she's been asking my FI completely inappropriate questions (for example: do you still talk to your ex?).  I've put her in wedding-planning time-out until she starts behaving again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Believe it or not or biggest debate is our wedding song.  We have been debating over this for months.  We just havent found "the one" yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our biggest debate was the videographer. I ended up booking someone without telling DH. He was so happy I went against his wishes and booked one because he watches the video all the time. If anyone is on the fence about a videographer, I would definitely do it. I found someone to do it for $400 and he has since raised his prices, but it is 100% worth the money.
  • Options
    awroblewskiawroblewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: What's your biggest????:

"Believe it or not or biggest debate is our wedding song.  We have been debating over this for months.  We just havent found "the one" yet."

That's our biggest debate too! We have a hard time because sometimes I think it really doesn't matter that much to him as it does to me. I'm pretty sure he'd dance to anything, I just want more of his input

~Angela~
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_whats-biggest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:df94c105-6847-4969-a806-726a71967a9fPost:d30f9a27-341e-471b-a5f0-17b227fc499d">Re: What's your biggest????</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far, it has been chair covers. I really want them because I do not like the chairs at our reception  hall. Everyone tells me it's a waste of money, but it's just something small I really want. FI keeps nagging me though if we really have to have them and we could save that extra couple hundred dollars...
    Posted by jamenyha[/QUOTE]

Mine too!  My FI doesn't really care but would rather not have them to save the money and his mom thinks its a waste because no one will care.  I'm not a big fan of the venue chairs though so I want to have them.
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our biggest debate has been the guest list.  FI has a lot of childhood/HS friends he keeps in contact with plus we both have big families and I wanted a smaller wedding but we ended up finding a cheap venue so I agreed to invite everyone from the original list...so problem solved right.  Well no because no we are 60 days out and every time he sees someone he knows he invites them to the wedding!!!???  He doesn't understand that the invites go out next week and we need to set the guest list in stone.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, we haven't had too many arguments.  I'm trying to think about it and I can't think of anything we've really fought about.  The only thing it really has been was his green tux he wanted.  He knew he would never get it but just said it to bug me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're still just starting to plan, so we haven't had any detailed arguments yet.  I guess our debate is indoors and cut down the guest list tremendously or outdoors and risk bad weather but adding a lot more people. 

We're at 74 people right now plus their guests.  There are still a few more people we'd like to invite, but we're on a strict budget.  We both work at Kroger and have virtually nothing saved up yet.  My parents both died in 2009, his mom is on medical leave, his stepdad is on disablility.  So we are paying for this ourselves. 

I guess that would make the venue the biggest debate right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our biggest debate has been him and the GMs wearing kilts! 
      We're having a photo booth too. Like you, we'd rather have a photobooth than give people some trinket or food that will get left on the table or thrown away later. Everyone always seems enjoy the photobooth and I've never seen anyone leave their pictures behind when they go home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards