Michigan-Detroit
Options

Filiene's Basement

I am considering going to Filiene's Basement running of the brides. My FI sister lives in Columbus and they are having it there on May 30. My FI sister has said she would go with me and anyone I bring can stay at her house with me. So basically it would cost me nothing but gas to get down there and if I find a dress I could save a lot of money. However, if I don't find address I really haven't lost much. I also will get quality time with my FSIL, niece, and nephew.

So I am wondering if anyone has ever gone to one of these and what are your thoughts or advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Filiene's Basement

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never done it, and it wouldn't have been for me, but you seem to have a really great attitude about it, so I would say go for it!
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, i also wouldnt be interested in going. However you sound super excited about going! i say go if you can afford the trip and time away from work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't have worked for me, but it sounds like a win-win situation for you. Whether you find a dress or not, you'll have a great story to tell :)
  • Options
    golemhmgolemhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've looked into doing this.  Although, it would cost me a lot more because I wouldn't have anyone to stay with at any of the locations.  So you really don't have much to lose.

I will tell you what I found during my research and that is that most of the dresses there are torn and dirty from the chaos that ensues.  Many of the dresses need repairs. They usually have alteration consultants there to give you estimates on how much it will cost to repair the damaged dresses.  I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the info I found.  That's not saying that all the dresses will be damaged, but it's definitely a possibility. 

If you end up going, let us know how it was! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards