Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Band Rec's

Hi all,  My friend is getting married 7/10 and she is looking to book a band asap.  Anyone have any likes or dislikes about these bands....TIA!!!!!!!!!!  :)Unity  Boston Players  Pulse  Downtown Fever  K2  Soul of Boston  Men in Black

Re: Band Rec's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    On that list, I've read/heard the most number amazing comments about Men in Black. I listened to most of the others and they're all good (K2 gets a lot of good reviews as well). Personally, none were totally my taste but Men in Black.I'd also recommend my band, Modern Manners. People were insane over them. The catering manager said in 20 years in the business, she'd never seen so many people dancing at the end of the wedding, after an hour-long extension. Also, the band leader Julie is a total sweetheart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Similar to above, I've only heard raves about Men in Black.  (Haven't heard much about the others.)  We used Night Rhythm and I can't rave enough about how what a fantastic job they did.  They got everyone on the dance floor, and the music was incredibly good.  We got a tons of compliments.  good luck!
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Rare Form!  We are using them for our wedding.  We saw them live before booking and they are great.  I also 2nd Killian's suggestion for Night Rhythm.  We planned to check them out but couldn't wait for their next showcase for fear of losing Rare Form since two other couples were interested in our same date.  I have also heard great things from several friends about Night Shift.  They were already booked for our date when I contacted them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MIB is good We used Legit, they were good BIL/SIL used Night Shift, they were good also.
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding in June and they used K2, they were awesome!
  • Options
    ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Kahootz, which is the sister band of K2...we heard them both play and they were both great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards