New York-Hudson Valley
Options

STD Opinion's Please!

I debated back and forth about STD designs. We didn't take our engagement pics yet and I just wanted something a little different, I guess. A girl I work with gave me the idea to do the Yankee's schedule for the month of Sept, adding our wedding day in.  The idea is that we would do a postcard with the schedule (front) and on the back would be our website & a small & simple magnet for the fridge.

I'm pretty sure my grandma is going to hate it :) and my inlaws like the back by itself but didn't seem all for the front.  In a way I feel like it's very plain, basic, like you could put in anyone else's names on the back and I felt like the schedule gave it personality. We're huge fans, ticket holders, it's where we got engaged. I think everyone else perceived the postcard front as it's too cheesy or doesn't set the tone for a nice wedding. I just need some honest feedback from you girls!

Front:

Mock up of back (purple part is separate magnet)

Re: STD Opinion's Please!

• Options
    sdomi639sdomi639 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I like it!  I think that you should make it personal....what really needs to be formal is the invitation...besides that use your STD to show off your creativity!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like it too!  I understand the older family members would not like it, but STDs are new to them anyways.  It's about you guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think you should go for it. 
    the older people don't have to like it but they may.  Most of my older relatives had never seen a save the date and thought it was 'so organized of me' to let everyone know the data ahead of time : ) 

We also did some Yankee themed items for our wedding and everyone really liked them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that!!!! It showcases a part of you two!
    Where are you taking your engagement pics?

I emailed someone at the Stadium for some info regarding photo sessions there, I really wanna do our engagement pics there!

Love everything about this!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it, I think it's a great idea!
    and we have the same wedding date!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it!  I think it's a fun idea and especially since you got engaged at a game, very appropriate! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's cute, creative and informative- you've got a great STD there! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate it!

& spinwife! Yay for date twins! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are adorable! Totally go with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards