Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Don't you wish someone would've told you

fill in the blank ___________Mine are: 1. how much catering costs2. How annoying haggling with vendors could be 3. How great you feel after the proposal!4. That people can be extremely selfish and self interested5. That everyone, even strangers just loves to go to a wedding...lol

Re: Don't you wish someone would've told you

• Options
    oh and that some of the most harsh critics are those not contributing and those who have never planned a wedding.
  • Options
    to stick with the original Maui wedding idea.
  • Options
    That eloping is just as romantic as a big wedding. And big weddings are a waste of money,.
  • Options
    1. to elope or JOP it with a family dinner afterward, and you'd listened? I was far too along before this option presented itself. I would have grabbed it with both hands and run (ran? runned?) had I known...
  • Options
    what the winning lotto numbers were for Saturday?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    to elope and then just take a ridiculously extravagant honeymoon to Europe.
  • Options
    that vendors hear "wedding" and see $$ that people hear "wedding ", and think they're invited, even when they've never met or spoken to you (like your #5...)that mothers who never had their own wedding will try and live through yours
  • Options
    oh yeah I have to ditto the eloping too.... could've been a little closer to a house or a super honeymoon
  • Options
    That weddings=drama no matter how low-key.
  • Options
    No matter how much you try to please people someone will find something to be dissatisfied about.
  • Options
    1. that despite you never ever caring or dreaming about weddings, you'd become obsessive about every single detail.2. to insist upon a low-key Vegas wedding.  See #1 for reason.
  • Options
    that even if you didn't get stressed out about the wedding, everything around you would begin to wear you down about a month out. that people will judge/dismiss your 2nd wedding especially if they haven't met your FI (and God forbid, it is happening in Vegas......)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Heh, my low-key Vegas wedding is still pretty expensive, though thankfully it has thus far been low-drama.I don't have anything to add, except that I now have that awful "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" song stuck in my head, and I blame this thread.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    That a long engagement doesn't mean you'll be less stressed over planning. It just means you'll be stressed for a longer period of time.
  • Options
    how tired I would be 12 days out from the wedding from working on the wedding to-do list that even if you are laid back about the whole thing, you will still, very likely be ready to get it over with at some point that I should stop answering my phone several weeks before the wedding because every other call will be about who is sitting where/ who isn't invited, etc...
  • Options
    Ditto!  Reading all the replies certainly made me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one.  Of course, I don't know that I'd be as happy to elope but the thought has crossed our minds many times when someone starts nitpicking details that they a) aren't contributing to so why do they have a say and/or b) they aren't the one getting married so it's not their decision anyways!  Pardon my rant but I feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards