Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Crazy IL's?

Or friends?  What is the craziest thing a BIL/SIL or a friend's signifigant other has done?We are pretty sure Noodle's sister's ex-husband tried to kill her on their honeymoon.  He took out an insurance policy right before they left on her, and when they went scuba diving he suddenly swam over and bearhugged her, and messed something on her tank that cut her air supply down or something, and then swam away.  Luckily they weren't down far and she was able to get to the surface.  When she resurfaced she was all "WTF????" and he tried saying he was just giving her a hug, and then when the instructor was all "Uh, this couldn't have happened with just a hug" he changed it to he thought she was in trouble and was trying to "help" even though she was completely fine before he came over.  He also spent the night before their wedding at his bachelor party (which Noodle refused to go to).  Apparently there was cocaine and strippers involved.  All the groomsmen and the groom stumbled in looking like sh*t a few hours before the wedding was supposed to start.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Crazy IL's?

• Options
    WOW!!!  Glad he is an "ex"
  • Options
    Oh my god Nugget!!  That is so crazy!  That actually happened recently and the guy only got 4 years in prison or something because they couldn't "prove" that he did it on purpose - even though he was a trained scuba rescue guy and there was video of him swimming away and looking over his shoulder at her as she sunk to the bottom.  Terrible.  Scary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whoa.  Yeah, I got nothing, especially after that.
  • Options
    My IL's are just dirt bag crazy. None of them are AWFUL, I just dont like them. Last winter my FIL started adding all of my friends and my husbands friends to his FB, which we thought was weird but shrugged off. Then one day I looked online and saw that FIL had posted on one of my husbands friends walls apologizing for something we did and that he told us we shouldnt do that, that Im insecure and thats why husband never visits and im ruining their family. Husband called his dad out on it and his dad tried saying he didnt know what he was doing or that I would see it, then got mad and hung up and we didnt speak to him for 6 months. Not murderous crazy, just stupid crazy.
  • Options
    Nugget - you win.  Anything I have pales in comparison. Although I will note that in my case, I think it's *my* family that's crazy, not FI's.
  • Options
    Holy shiiit! How soon after that did he become an "ex"??
  • Options
    Yeah, and she actually stayed with him for a year and a half.  Until HE left HER after cheating with some skank at his job.  I still want to hear the crazy stories, even if they aren't Court TV crazy!

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I ran over my ex with my car.  Oh, wait, this isn't about me, is it?
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Whoa, nugget!  I've heard enough stories to know that life insurance policies, honeymoons, and scuba diving DO NOT MIX.
  • Options
    Oh Tide, I less than three you.

• Options
    Oh my god! What a nutjob. 
  • Options
    The closest thing I have is actually second-hand. A friend's boss was apparently having an affair. His wife found out, hacked into his e-mail and sent everyone in his contact an e-mail detailing the infidelity. If memory serves, his mistress was someone he worked with.
  • Options
    So, like I said, it's my family that's crazy. My stepmom talks.  Like, non-stop, with no response from the person she's talking to.  You literally could be looking the other direction, not nodding, not smiling, not uh-huhing, and she'll talk.  For hours.  This is *not* an exxageration. My FI and I were in a car with her for like 4 hours, so we know.  He got carsick at one point, got back in the car, and she kept talking.  For like two more hours. Oh, and if you speak a foreign language around her, she'll assume you're talking bad about her.  But maybe she's not wrong...
  • Options
    Oooh ooh and then theres my SIL. When she was 15 she got knocked up and hid the pregnancy from the family and when they found out they forced her to put it up for adoption. About 3 years ago she got knocked up again and tried to hide it but eventually admitted it when she was 8m pregnant and kept the baby - put some guys name on the birth certificate who ende dup not being the father and then had to go through a huge process to change that. Around the same time she ended up in the hospital because she "fell on her face" and knocked out all of her front teeth, resulting in huge dental bills she couldnt pay because she has never worked a job in her life, causing her parents to pay for replacement teeth which she never brushes and are all yellow and gross. This past winter, we logged onto facebook to find out she gave birth to a baby again, her boyfriend (the same one it is speculated knocked her teeth out) knocked her up this time. she hid this pregnancy again and no one knew until she got home from the hospital. At the hospital she was walking around in the bathroom and the baby fell out of her onto the floor, causing him to have this huge discoloration on the back of his head, the poor think looks like he has brain damage when you look at him but they think hes perfect. Oh, and she still hasnt ever had a job. Stupid crazy, again.
  • Options
    What did you marry into, Nebb?
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The baby fell out of her?  Jesus Christ, she must have a damn hallway for a snatch.

• Options
    I ask myself that question a lot... luckily my husband thinks theyre all nuts as well. and yes, the baby fell out, on its head. I have no idea how big a vag must be for that to happen.
  • Options
    DH's father was apparently was a mob rat.  Spent time in witness protection and stuff.  I've never met him.  His 3rd wife (of 5) didn't even know DH and BIL even existed until she went through some papers and found their SSN's.  Now the 3rd wife calls MIL from time to time.  She also willed DH and BIL her NYC co-op because it was bought by DH's dad and she wanted them to have something from him.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Nebb, are you sure you didn't see that on an episode of Maury? My family is way more nuts than H's and that's saying a lot.  So my brother, who is a recovering meth addict but still a total douche got a gf.  I didn't know how any woman could ever want him until I saw her.  *shivers*  Anyway, she purposely got pregnant from him despite the fact that he has hep c (she has herpes btw), can't get a job, and has the mental capacity of a 12 yo.  But she miscarried and now they want to try again even though she's forty and already has three kids...one of which is special.
  • Options
    Hah I wish it wasnt true vicmo, but it unfortunately is. My husbands family are in a class all their own.
  • Options
    The baby falling onto the floor reminds me of a line from 'Family Guy' where Stewie asks Brian's prostitute 'date, "So ummm...is there anything left there or is it more like throwing a hot dog down a hall?"
  • Options
    Ummmm, did this guy by chance then marry another girl, take her to Australia and do the same thing? (and then get off with a super-light sentence?) I hope she reported it to police!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards