Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm annoyed.

It's 5pm and DH is not back from the boat trip yet.   They were told to be back by 5pm for the rehearsal.

I know they are adults, he is with the groom and the other best men, so it's not like he is the only one.    I'm just annoyed at their lack of respect on the issue.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: I'm annoyed.

• Options
    I missed the deets, but are they passengers on a boat trip or are they out driving themselves around?  I'd be annoyed too.
  • Options
    They are passengers on a private charter they booked.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh... he just text.. On his way home.  I need to hurry up and get ready for the rehearsal.

Umm.. I'm not in the wedding and the party starts at 8pm.   The venue is 2 miles away and the RD is 1 mile in between.   Point being,  (1) I do not really need to be there and (2) if you wanted me there a little notice would have been nice.

• Options
    I'd be annoyed too. H and his buddies didn't show up until 6:15 for our 5:30 rehearsal. I was sooooooo pissed.

He had to take me off into the field and calm me down because I was so mad.

I can't imagine how PO'ed the bride might be when she finds out they're late...
  • Options
    Have fun this weekend! 
  • Options
    The bride is super chill. (they had to change venues 30 days ago and she didn't even get upset.  DH and her FI are the ones who made the reception menu.)

I think she gave the a different time,  because DH just said the rehearsal is at 6-6:30pm.    Smart girl.

• Options
    ha!  I think I have to give fake times too or my FI will NEVER be on time.  
  • Options
    I don't even have a date yet but I will probably tell my mom I will be married an hour earlier than actual.  She should be on time then....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards