Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Fiancé Coworker issue

My FI is inviting a few coworkers as I am too. One of this coworkers was a good friend of his after his divorce but when we started dating she because distant and weird. On about 5 occasions, weddings, office parties I've seen her she won't talk to me. Several of my friends think she is jealous but she has a boyfriend she's been dating for at least 6-8 months. Recently we were at a party and all his other coworkers congratulated us on our engagement and she stood there as if I wasn't even in the room. FI wants to invite her since he invited a few other people she knows. I told him I didn't care but she might actually have to talk to me, then again I will be so busy I won't even notice or care if she doesn't. I just think it's weird. He still needs to get her address and all the invites have already gone out so I suppose if he doesn't follow through on getting her address I don't have to be concerned about it. Wonder if she would come to the shower????

Re: Fiancé Coworker issue

• Options
    If your FI wants to invite her, let him.  You'll be so busy you won't even notice her or have time to talk to her anyway.  Don't invite her to the shower (I don't really understand why you would invite your FI's coworkers to your shower anyway, that would just feel like a gift grab to me if I was one of them).
  • Options
    Ditto noodle.  Don't invite her to the shower even if she is invited to the wedding, and let your FI figure out if he wants to invite her to the wedding or not. 
  • Options
    Ditto PP's. There's no need to invite her to the shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan. We did print out her invite last night and I know I'll be so busy I won't even notice if she is there or not as long as FI is happy with his list of peoples. Now I'm curious as to who gets invited to the shower... There are a few people my FI does work with that I like and have met a few times. Do they get invited?

Thanks all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards