Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I can't wait

The knot stops slowing my browser.  I got busted twice today because I couldn't get the browser to minimize on time. 

Is everyone still freaking out about the new format? 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: I can't wait

• Options
    Im done, other than errors I am not having any problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nope. I'm used to it now.  I think it helped that I posted a bit on my local on TheNest, so the format wasn't entirely unfamiliar to me.

ETA: Also, I absolutely LOVE the edit feature.  A lot of the time when thoughts are going from my head to the keyboard I am not very clear in my response and I don't realize that until I read it back later, so editing has been a huge blessing to me.
  • Options
    I've also had my screen frozen and not able to minimize when my boss has walked in the room. Greeeeat.
  • Options
    Nah, I'm getting used to it.  I wish it was a little bit faster but that's about it.  The left navigation has made me visit a lot more boards that I normally wouldn't have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Using Firefox has helped a lot.  I think I'm acclimated now. 
  • Options
    It is loading about 800 times faster for me today. Thank god. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't all freaking out yesterday at all. Its a tad bit slower than it used to be and I get an error message maybe every 20 min. I'll take it for all the other cool stuff.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Yeah, I almost got busted once this morning too. Fortunately, I'm a master of distraction...

"Hey boss, while you're up, could you grab me Johnny Smartypants' file?" and she re-routes herself to the other side of my office, giving me plenty of time to minimize.
  • Options
    It's a lot slower than before.  I'm still getting the knot server error.  I"ll click on one of the posts and it will send me to the knot home page and then it takes forever to get back to the etiquette board.  I wish it wasn't slow but I really wish it would just take me to where I click.
  • Options
    It's faster, but it is indeed still freezing up.  I need to be able to switch tabs quickly- haven't been busted yet, but it's just a matter of time.
  • Options
    It's still running slow for me and I keep getting errors, but overall it's not terrible. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-wait?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7652ed8d-50e6-40ae-b764-afae33ee5e83Post:aee3410e-cef5-4ee1-bebd-7e648c90935f">Re: I can't wait</a>:
    [QUOTE]Using Firefox has helped a lot.  I think I'm acclimated now. 
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Are the posts that you've read being grayed out? It still isn't in firefox for me.
  • Options
    Yeah I am sure in a couple more days it won't be so slow.  I didn't try it from home last night as I was busy, so I am hoping that it will be awesome from there. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    It's not loading any faster for me today, unfortunately. But that's really my only gripe. I'm used to my computer being very slow, I only have 1G of RAM, and I'm running Vista, so, I'm used to slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards