Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Save the Dates and inviting single guests

I am planning on inviting all my guests who are single or unmarried with a guest. Do I indicate that on the Save the Date or do I only indicate "and guest" on the formal invitation only? When I was single I have seen it done both ways, so just wondering what the proper etiquette is.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Vita

Re: Save the Dates and inviting single guests

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_save-dates-inviting-single-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf68e1cd-a4a1-41b4-9f5f-d0c76d518417Post:9592297d-b621-4959-9d4c-738331a206a8">Save the Dates and inviting single guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on inviting all my guests who are single or unmarried with a guest. Do I indicate that on the Save the Date or do I only indicate "and guest" on the formal invitation only? When I was single I have seen it done both ways, so just wondering what the proper etiquette is. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks! Vita
    Posted by NiceGirl1996[/QUOTE]
    We gave everyone a +1 and indicated it on the STD envelope. Ex: "John Smith and Guest". That way they could plan ahead if need be.

Just make sure you can absolutely, without a doubt, give everyone a +1 when the time comes to send invitations. Everyone who receives an STD must receive an invitation; that includes +1s you indicated on the STD envelope.
  • Options
    If it's something where they'll probably need to make travel or other arrangments before the invitations go out, I would include it on the STD if you're sure you'll be able to invite the guests.  Otherwise, I don't think it matters.
  • Options
    I would probably only indicate it in the STD if they need to make travel arrangements for the guest. Otherwise, I'd save it for the invitation.
  • Options
    We are doing a DW so we made sure to specify that each of our single guests were getting a +1, there is too much planning with travel/accomodations/etc for me to feel comfortable not putting it on there.
  • Options
    I put "& Guest" for singles OOT, so they could know in advance to plan travel.

I did not for local guests.  If they're single now, they probably wouldn't need to plan for their date 6 months out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards