Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Bridesmaid's Line-up Question

How did you decided how they walked down the aisle?  Height order, number of years you have known them, etc?Should my junior Bridesmaid go first or right before the MOH?FYI - I have my Maid of Honor, 5 Bridesmaids and a Junior Bridesmaid (she is 13). 

Re: Bridesmaid's Line-up Question

• Options
    MOH traditionally goes last (and she's the first to process out at the end). You can do height order, age order, length of time you've known them, etc. Do what works best for you. Obviously this is your call, but I don't think I'd have the youngest one go first. At 13, I think I'd be scared to go first out of fear that I'd possibly mess things up somehow.
  • Options
    Ditto PP. For us it worked best to start off with our nieces (Jr. bridesmaids) then bridesmaids, matron of honor (flower girls' mom), flowergirls, and maid of honor.Our nieces were 12 and 15 and were very excited to be leading the procession!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    MOH is last on the way in, first on the way out. I would just put the junior at the other end of the line. For the rest of your BMs, please choose something arbitrary to order them or let them order themselves. Don't rank them in the order of frienship. My girls went in alphabetical order.
  • Options
    Jr BM is technically the least important and as such goes 1st then BM then MOH For BM and GM for lineup we did rock paper sizzors I have heard by birthday closest to wedding day I find trying to determine who is more of less close rude and by height or age rude My sister did her line up by trying to pair folks by interests
  • Options
    My BM's are going in order of height, with my MOH being the last one. I have a wide variety of heights ranging form 5'0 to 5'9! So i wanted them to be in order.
  • Options
    Ah, life's big answers sometimes come from Rock Paper Scissors!I was just in my future sister-in-law's wedding, and she did it by height.  I think we'll do it by age...my bridesmaids range from 17 to 40 (heh, huge, I know).
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards