New Jersey
Options

Where'd Peaches go?

She was so active on this board and then POOF she's gone!
Anniversary Photobucket

Re: Where'd Peaches go?

• Options
    rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she is taking a break from TK.  She wrote something along those lines on our club board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's too bad.  She was so sweet and enthusiastic.  I just read her club board post (because I'm stalky like that) and the part about not measuring up kind of makes me sad.  (Particularly because she apparently hadn't been here long enough to learn the Knot rule that no matter how objectively awful or wonderful or in-between a Knottie's vendors are, 9 times out of 10 she's going to recommend all of the main ones as the most amazing, wonderful, incredible vendors in the whole wide universe, even if she hasn't used them yet, so you really have to take most recommendations with a mountain of salt and not compare your vendors to others' unrealistic characterizations of theirs.)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww I liked her too, didn't know there was any problems :(
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a bummer, she kept me pretty entertained with posts (in a good way).  I'm kind of surprised that she made an announcement on the other board and didn't say anything here- unless I just missed it.  She was posting so frequently that I definitely notice her being gone.  I'm sorry that she felt that way, but I really can't relate.  I don't think anyone's choices are better or more fabulous than anyone else's- just different.  We all have different taste, like different things and have different budgets, so I like the diverse choices and seeing what other people are doing.  If it wasn't for a lot of discussions on this board I wouldn't have changed my mind about several things (videographer, seeing FI before the ceremony) or have gotten some great ideas.  It's because of this board that I found Michele Clark, AWESOME favors, and Etsy for my custom earrings.  I also feel like people here will tell me the absolute truth, where friends and family might sugarcoat things and worry about hurting my feelings.   I'm very grateful for this board and just realized that I kind of have no point. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where can I read her last post? I am curious as to what she said.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    July 2011 club board
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies... I'm here.  Thanks for the nice comments and sorry I've been kind of MIA lately...

I left a note on my month board instead of here because I still post every now and then on here.  My note was kind of stream of consciousness thinking and I'm not really sure I got across what I wanted to say.

I think it's a combination of having recently lost my job, being ridiculously concerned about finances since FI and I are paying for the entire wedding on our own, and just feeling like I was getting too caught up in making sure our wedding was the best it could possibly be on as tight a budget as possible.  I think I was starting to stress too much about money and I just got to a point where I was like f*ck everything because I just want to marry FI and I don't care anymore about photographers, invitations, DJs, etc.  I guess I just hit a bit of a roadblock and even though I love you girls and get so many great ideas here, I inadvertently began putting pressure on myself after seeing all of the great WR ideas we could do if we just had even $1000 extra to spend.  So it was 100% my own fault.

I'm starting to feel a bit better... mostly because I've been on some really great interviews and things are starting to fall into place.  My  "hiatus" from TK gave me some time to chill and reorganize my priorities and I'll probably start posting again, but not quite as frequently as I used to. 

I'm so excited to be marrying FI and wedding planning itself doesn't stress me out, but the financial aspect of it has been and it wasn't so much that I was concerned about not measuring up or our wedding not being good enough, but just that I would see what great things everyone else was doing on their budgets and how I knew there was no way FI and I could do anything even close to that on our budget... especially with my job status being up in the air.  Again, it was totally self-inflicted and "my bad" (for lack of a better term, haha).  The fact that at the end of the day all I care about is marrying FI is what made me leave TK for a bit... because I just stopped caring about everything else WR.  FI and I actually talked for a bit about having a JOP wedding and forgetting everything else since the marriage is what's most important, but we decided to only go that route if I wind up not finding a job in the next few months (it's still early as I just got my pink slip a month ago).  So we'll see...

I do have to say, though, that you ladies have been nothing but super supportive and really helpful with tons of great advice!  And I truly truly truly appreciate everything!  :-)
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw glad to hear you're okay and I'm sure you will fine something fantastic and things will be looking up soon. We're always here if you need anything or just an ear to listen :)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see things are looking up for you, Peaches!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too.  I enjoy your posts.  You said it best.  At the end of the day, the most important things is that you are marrying your Fi.  It does not matter if you have all the extra frills (although I understand wanting them). 

Good luck with the job thing! 
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad your back! I can definitely relate to the strain finances puts on a person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards