North Carolina

Men's Attire

Ok, I need opinions and suggestions for what the groomsmen should wear at our wedding. Its gonna be outdoors by the lake in late July.  I'm not going for black tuxes, but if that's how it needs to be then ok (the best man actually wants to wear a tux..I think he is crazy). 

What did yall do at your wedding or what do you have planned to do? And if you have any suggestions on what I can do, please share!

My sister's dog, Rain. She's part Lab, part Doberman. She's adorable.

Re: Men's Attire

• edited December 2011
    Kelly (I think her SN is kellybeth plus numbers) did khaki colored suits with white shirts and pink ties, if I remember correctly, im sure she's got lots of pics that she'd love to share! We just went the 'traditional' route with black tuxes so Im no help Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in May and is going to be on the casual side. We decided, for now, that we are going to do the linen suit seperates from Kohls for all of our guys (I think they are Chaps). There is a picture in my bio of someone else's wedding that used the seperates from Kohls and I think it looked great and is exactly what I head in mind! GL in deciding!!
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of pictures on the knot of people who have done suits, even black suits can be a nice alternative to tuxes.  

I know some girls have gotten their groomsmen to go to Mens Wearhouse and other suit stores like Jos. A. Bank, during those buy 2, get 2 free sales, where the GM can get a pretty good deal on a suit.  I think they end up only being about $150 or so, which is a great deal and comparable to what most bridesmaids spend on their attire. 

Jos. A. Bank is doing a buy one, get two free sale this weekend, but they do that kind of stuff all the time. So that would be a good way to get matching suits cheaper. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! Yea I did some more research after posting. Thanks for the help. I looked at Men's Wearhouse.. I think I'll look into gray suits maybe?  Meredith, thats a great idea about  the sales. I'll look into that.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im not much help because our wedding is in Feb (Eeek) but we're doing the suits from Kohls. FI's came out to be 100 or so and so will the groomsmen. I liked the idea of them being able to be a little more relaxed looking, plus its kind of an investment for the guys since they'll most likely be able to wear it again in their lifetime.

I've seen the khaki colored suits before too. I thought they were super cute (in a handsome way of course) and if we had stuck with our first date, which would have been late May, we would have gone that route.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    we are getting married in may on the beach....we just went for linen pants and white linen button up shirts (no suits or tuxes)....we got the pants at express back in the summer and we are getting the shirts from islandimporters.com

i would check them out if you are interested....they sell linen pants and shirts and suits.
  • edited December 2011

I am so glad that I came back to read the posts following mine on this discussion!

Midnite, I checked out the site you listed and am so thankful for your suggestion. I'm going to show FI those pants and hopefully we can get those for our wedding! Thanks a million midnite!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards