Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Casual Meet & Greet Cocktail hour- ideas?

Hi ladies!

The night before our Sat wedding we want to have a "meet and greet" for our guests. Everyone is coming from out of town and most have never been to Vegas! I am looking for a place that will provide a semi-quiet atmosphere where I can buy guests appetizers and a drink or two. We are looking to do it between the 5-7 hour, for appx 20 people. So basically it's not really a sit down dinner and we don't want to spend an arm and a leg! We want to mingle, give everyone their welcome bags, etc...

What are your suggestions? :) thanks!!

Re: Casual Meet & Greet Cocktail hour- ideas?

• Options
    MariaOCMariaOC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we are looking for something very similar too.....perhaps a bit earlier in the day, just after our actual ceremony, about 2.30pm for an hour or two!?

Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our M&G on a Las Vegas Double Decker Bus. $135/hour, 2 hour min. Holds 90ish people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I never considered a double decker but it sounds fun. Do they allw drinks and snacks? And where does it take you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing the strip, starting at Planet Hollywood and going both directions with a stop at the Welcome Sign to do a group picture. You can also do it and go to Fremont and guests and get off and walk around and then come back to the bus. You can have drinks (alcohol and non-alc) and snacks. You can also have an Impersonator get on and do a performance.

We were going to do a cocktaiol M&G and it became almost as expensive as our reception since we are having about 50 people. This was a cheaper alternative.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing something in our suite.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Trevi in Caesar's Palace forum shops is casual but very cool --- prices are reasonable.  I am having my cocktail hour there because we can't get into our reception until 630.  I have been in contact with Michelle --she's been very helpful.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_casual-meet-greet-cocktail-hour-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9db4aa0a-8035-4657-ab0c-1d1a5e051988Post:076d9f58-11cf-4857-9b86-ab43afcc200f">Re: Casual Meet & Greet Cocktail hour- ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing something in our suite.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

This!

The restaurants want to turn it (M&G) into a group event which adds more to the price, so the suite sounded better and cheaper for us.

I would love the DD Bus idea but our wedding is in June and I believe from other posts that the bus doesn't have A/C, not going to work. 
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the suite M&G too!  We chose this because our guests are arrving at all hours throughout the day, and give them a check-in spot to get info and welcome goodies!  We are just going to do drinks and maybe some finger foods but figured it would be focused more on drinks since a lot of our guests are going to want to go out and explore Vegas... and probably eat dinner out somewhere as well!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing our rehearsal dinner in suite with food from room service hospitality and booze from your neighborhood liquor store.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the same thing! Planning on having everyone at Isla in Treasure Island. They have great happy hour specials I hear....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow this is great info ladies!!! Thank u all, I'm pretty sure I have what I need to make a good decision!:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_casual-meet-greet-cocktail-hour-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9db4aa0a-8035-4657-ab0c-1d1a5e051988Post:1f579283-fa90-41b7-950f-d21df3965ecf">Casual Meet & Greet Cocktail hour- ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! The night before our Sat wedding we want to have a "meet and greet" for our guests. Everyone is coming from out of town and most have never been to Vegas! I am looking for a place that will provide a semi-quiet atmosphere where I can buy guests appetizers and a drink or two. We are looking to do it between the 5-7 hour, for appx 20 people. So basically it's not really a sit down dinner and we don't want to spend an arm and a leg! We want to mingle, give everyone their welcome bags, etc... What are your suggestions? :) thanks!!
    Posted by dbonjion[/QUOTE]

What time of year?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards