Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

A few good words about David's Bridal in Davenport

I just thought I would take a sec to tell you QC brides about my experience at DB on Saturday...  Sat was my 2nd trip out dress shopping (the first time was to Celebration, since I wanted to make sure my 1st experience was a positive one after all of the negative things I had heard about DB in general).  I was not really looking forward to going to DB since I had heard almost all negative reviews, especially about customer service.  My only hope was to have all the dresses on my list pulled before we were abandoned by our consultant so we could just leave after I tried them on. 
Anywho, we went to DB in D-port and had Diana helping us.  Diana was fabulous!  She was so helpful and attentive.  She also made a few suggestions for dresses for me to try after I had tried on the list I brought in.  She was very good about taking in my feedback about the dresses to make the suggestions for the additional dresses.  I don't have THE dress yet, but my DB- Dport experience with Diana far, far, far exeeded my expectations for DB!!! 

Re: A few good words about David's Bridal in Davenport

• Options
    jenfroggie1jenfroggie1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at David's Bridal as well.  My consultant was Amanda, who totally went along with my crazy family's comments.  LOL!  She was great - pulled great dresses for me, and I ended up finding THE dress.  Because I had to special order the size, I had questions about alterations and stuff, and anything Amanda couldn't answer she got the answers to - including having the head of the alterations department come out to talk to me!
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if youre the bride DB isnt bad. Butttt I was there with my sister last weekend who is one of my bridesmaids [they know I had already purchased my dress from Hopes Bridal in Dport] and pretty much ignored us the whole time. It wasnt very busy, at all. It was only my sister and another girl on that side of the room. I had to pull the dresses myself, help pin the dresses back and track down the alterations lady. If my wedding party wasnt to spread out across the country I wouldnt go with this chain.
  • Options
    chuygrl77chuygrl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had pretty good experiences being the bride.  I can't remember my consultants name but she knew i was upset with my mom and she totally cheered me up.  When I had my BM come in the other consultant was great as well.  I even stopped in with a BM who wasn't able to make it to our original date and they took care of us (even laughed at my jokes) without an appointment.

I did find it annoying that i received two phone calls for the same reason in the same day even after I told the first one that my girls would be coming in to purchase their dresses separately since i already approved their choice.  4 hours later I received the same call.  I'm sure its just the salesperson in them but still, take notes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually LOVED David's Bridal!  I was also hesitant because David's seems to have such a negative reputation, but I'd already been to Hope's Bridal and Celebrations, and David's was a last ditch effort that my mom suggested.  I'm pretty short (5'2") and had TERRIBLE luck trying on dresses at both Hope's AND Celebrations- every single dress I put on (and believe me... I put on a LOT) at both stores was overwhelmingly full of fabric and swallowed my up completely.  I felt like a little kid playing dress up, not like a bride.  There was just too much fabric in the skirts and too much length.  I know all of those things can be fixed with alterations, but it was impossible to tell if they would look good or not the way they were.  But then, even though I was dragging my feet about it, I went to David's Bridal and LITERALLY loved every single dress I put on.  The fabric wasn't overwhelming on me, and I actually felt good in their dresses.  It ended up being a tough decision, but I found The One there.  My consultant (Megan, I think??) was wonderful.  She helped me in and out, of SO many dresses, and then BACK into them again when I couldn't decide :).  I would definitely reccommend them, especially if there are other short ladies out there like me having a hard time with this!  
  • Options
    syllsyll member
    First Comment
    I went to try on dresses last night and had meg.  She was wonderful.  I am hoping to make a purchase soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards