Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Photographer Recs & Prices

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to book a photographer a Harwichport wedding on a Sunday (8.12.12). I'd definitely want them there for the getting-ready phases through the end of the reception, which is in the evening. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I love traditional photos, but I'm also very creative and love candids, quirky shots, and anything I've never seen before. (Just saw an engagement photo of a couple on the beach riding a vintage bike). Anyone have any specific photogs with their pricing?

Looking for someone who could handle our engagement photos too! Thanks for sharing. 

Re: Photographer Recs & Prices

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check the post a few down.  We picked Rhonwen Churchill - FI, MOB, and I LOVE her and her work!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    you should really check out Rupert Whiteley - he's based in RI but traveled for free to our weding in Orleans. His pics are great. His packages are all on his website and yes, he really does mean unlimited hours. he met us at the hair place at 8:30am, and then, b/c we had done our beach photos at noon when the light was harsh, went back after the wedding (around 6:30pm and shot more of me and DH) - i think he shot for 11 hours that day.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Portrait New England because they were cheaper than anyone out of Boston but they don't charge for travel throughout New England. There were lots more recs on the Boston board a couple of posts down... I'm sure most photographers would travel to the Cape and it might save you a few bucks. The Cape photographers are outrageous!
    Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Chris Cook  or Amanda Constatine *( shoreshotz)  both awesome!
  • Woodland5Woodland5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Have you paid travel fees? And if so, how much?
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning my wedding for sept 15 2012 and am def considering Rhonwen. I was a little hesitant b/c she couldn't show me any example of albums, but I must say I really am leaning towards picking her b/c of her creative style. I've heard alot of good things about her and she is a very chill person in general. We met w/ her last Thrus. She has been discussing all my options with albums with responses everyday to my questions. She is local in Marstons Mills so that is also why I am leaning towards her since I am from the Cape myself. She shouldn't charge you travel fees if its on the Cape.
  • edited December 2011
    sent you a private message:)

www.christinaheaston.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used and LOVED Agnieszka Wormus www.abrilliantphoto.com

Can't give her enough good words!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Def check out Amanda from shoreshotz, she just did our wedding on 8-13-11 and she was fantastic!!
  • jennn12jennn12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out Kristen Dawn Photography.  We used her in June, and are happy with our pics!  She is extremely easy to work with, and is located on the Cape.  An engagement session was included in our package, and once we saw those we knew we had made the right decision.  Some of her packages include a second photographer, for a fraction of the price some other Cape photogs charge for two shooters.  You could also check out You Ought to be in Pictures, that is her parents' company.
  • edited December 2011
    So far (wedding is 10/9) I LOVE our photographer Jenni V. She is extremely reasonably priced (we're doing the Jimmy Choo) convinced us not to waste money on her parent albums but to get them ourselves, and is doing a trash the dress with us. She is NOT charging us traveling expenses and we have a second photographer all for approx $3,500. http://www.jennivphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1#/home/

I got her recommendation from here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • isabella2013isabella2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I STRONGLY recommend NH Images and Photography!!! From your needs sould like they would be a perfect fit!! 

They are absolutely amazing with their creativity and attention to detail and lets not forget the high quality photos!!! The pictures are just beautiful! Most times they will include an engagement session for FREE!!! Pricing is more then reasonable too!  Just take a minute and check out their website i think you may find what you were looking for!!
    Good Luck:)
  • shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoreshotz1!! Amanda is amazing!!
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards