Maine

Hair & Make-up in Portland

Recomendations Please. I have reached out to a few different people regarding make-up and the prices seam rediculous, the cheapest is $65-75 for bridesmaid and $150 for bride. Thanks!

Re: Hair & Make-up in Portland

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Are the prices you mention JUST for makeup?  Or both hair and makeup?  Because that was near the amount that most paid for both ($45 per hour for hair - $25 for makeup).  I was okay with the results, but the payment process was a nightmare!  I can share more info over PM if you want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jmconley08jmconley08 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup will be $200-$250 and the girls hair will be $62. I am going to bei capelli and I know they'll do a great job so it's worth it to me.
  • Realo13Realo13 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Thats the make-up only, seams high to me for make-up.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That is disgusting for just makeup.  If you're just looking for makeup, the place I went to charged $25 per person.  The girl who did it was the daughter-in-law of the salon owner and she was fantastic.  It was the salon owner who is stuck in the stone ages that I had issues with.

The biggest thing that frustrated me about wedding pricing was that places charge so much more when you put "wedding" or "bridal" on the front of it.  A style for for a prom is 50-100 less than the style for a wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    The girl who did my hair and makeup charges $50-65 for bridal, not sure about bridesmaids. PM me if you want her contact info. Depending on where you're getting married, she'll come to you
  • annie12073annie12073 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definitely get what you pay for in this area! I had a terrible experience with a makeup trial at a salon and ended up with Brianna Rothman, who is a professional makeup artist. Her website is www.briannarothmanmakeup.com and she did a great job!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards