September 2012 Weddings
Options

non rsvp'ers

since they did not rsvp or can not return my call do i still have to account for these people? or just plan with the head count that i have?

Re: non rsvp'ers

• Options
    Do you have a back up plan incase they do end up showing up?  Maybe extra room for them?  If theres not too many of them I would probably mark them as a yes just in case.

Some people are so rude!
  • Options
    i am prob going to get blasted for this but........if you cant send a fricken card back then you prob dont want to come...so why waste my money hoping you will? if you show up hopefully there will be enough foood and cake but maybe you shoulda send that damn card back!!!!! sorry 18 days and really stressed :D
  • Options
    If they are from OOT I think it is fairly safe to assume they aren't coming since they would have had to make arrangements.  I'd probably give my venue (also who is catering for us) the number I have because I've heard to underestimate your number a little in case of last minute cancellations and that the venue will just charge for extras later (whereas they won't give you money back if you overestimate).  Plus they tend to make a little extra food.  That would have to make sense for your venue/caterer as well too. 
  • Options
    I'm about to the point to say screw those people too... I obviously put postage on the RSVP and made a website people could RSVP on and still can't get responses from everyone. I put my FML on it to track the stragglers down. If I don't have their response in 2 days, they're as good as off the list. I'm not paying for your dinner just in hopes that you come. 10 days and a little stressed over here...
  • Options
    I am marking mine as a NO. I think it's super rude to not RSVP even after a phone call or two. If they do show up oh well guess they will have to find a seat and go hungry, lol.
  • Options
    I'm making my phone calls this weekend to all the people who haven't sent anything (which is like half!). If I get no response, I'm putting them down as a no. If they show up, I hope they have eaten. Glad that is the consensus with most!
  • Options
    I got so fed up I basically hunted a few people down.  At some point you just have to know.  They ended up all being "no" but I would rather double check than be unprepared.  Some people might think that it's rude and that you should just mark them as "no" but if they were rude, then I can be a little annoying myself ;)
  • Options
    We're 4 days out and the people who haven't responded are just out of luck at this point... Plus they're all OOT so I think we're safe to mark them as "no's". 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I started to make some calls this past weekend and found that some of the guests had never received their invites!  It is very annoying to have people not return a self-addressed and stamped RSVP but not everyone realizes the importance of it for planning.

I would give them one last call/email and say "If I don't hear from you by X day then I will assume you are not coming."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    futuremrscsrfuturemrscsr member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We are still waiting on 90 RSVP postcards out of 150 that we sent and our due date is this Friday! 90 cards=approximately 180 people! OMG! FI texted a few of his this weekend and they said "Oh, well do I have to send it back? Can't I just text you if I'm coming?" If we wanted you to text us with your RSVP we wouldn't have sent a pre-stamped postcard!! I am not looking forward to trying to find out replies from all those missing cards...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I finished tracking mine down today, they were all no's.  I was extremely frustrated and they could tell (for eff's sake, there's even a stamp on the envelope, and it's addressed, just check the box, put it in the friggin envelope and mail it.  lazy people).  I would mark them as no's.  So incredibly rude!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    UGH!!!!!  People SUCK!  No one gets the whole RSVP thing.  We are 3 days away and this weekend we had 4 people asking if they can go.  Ya know my repsonse, sure but there will be NO seats and NO food for you, sicne the final numbers were due last week.  Oh and don't think that I won;t call them out if I see them drinking our alcohol.  SO RUDE!!!!!!!!  I not only had a respond day date on the RSVP (duh) but I ALSO sent out 2 emails the week after they hadn't responded and heard nothing.  We are getting married OOT so I assumed no response meant not going.  Oh and don;t get me started on how much of my money these people wasted on postage!  Makes me sick that they porbably just threw it away......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_non-rsvpers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5c832ba7-5d21-42a5-9db3-22612e342a29Post:ce134b2e-3d20-4456-80e6-dec1c8f59a14">Re: non rsvp'ers</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am prob going to get blasted for this but........if you cant send a fricken card back then you prob dont want to come...so why waste my money hoping you will? if you show up hopefully there will be enough foood and cake but maybe you shoulda send that damn card back!!!!! sorry 18 days and really stressed :D
    Posted by AngB1230[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Maybe they did send the card, and the post office lost it. Maybe the post office lost their invitation in the first place! Happened with a few of my guests.

</div>
  • Options
    I hate that people don't understand what RSVP means. That is why we put "Kindly reply by September 5th." And we still only have responsed from about 75 people out of 170....UUUGGHH....Guess FI and I will be calling a bunch of peeps on Monday Yell
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a DW so it changes things a little BUT after FI's family started getting pissy on the phone, one even hung up on him when he called to ask, we decided if you don't have the courtesy to let us know, come all you want... there will be no meal or chair for you.
  • Options
    I'm having a 100% DW and I am shocked at how many people (at least 3 couples) are saying, after the RSVP deadline mind you, that they are still deciding or trying to figure things out with work vacation requests.  I'm sort of thinking you have known about this wedding since January, we are now three weeks away, and if you haven't gotten time off of work and booked a flight and hotel already, what are the chances you are actually going to come?? Not to mention I had to track you down to even find out that info. If it was just one or two people, I would underestimate my head count and move on, but we are potentially talking about 10 people.  That's an entire table people!!  I have tried to be polite and understanding, but I am losing my patience. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards