Nevada-Las Vegas

MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner

Hi.  I am considering the MGM grand chapel with dinner to follow at the diego resteraunt.  I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments on these choices.

Thanks in advance!

Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner

• Hey Jenny,
    I recently had my wedding ceremony at the MGM. My wedding planner, Annie, was fantastic and everything went perfect the day of. The chapel was very classy and tasteful and the staff is very nice and accomodating. I can't personally speak about Diego bc I did not eat there, but the people from my party who did were raving about it. Is there anything in particular about the chapel or ceremony you want to know? I'll help you as much as i can! Smile
  • Thank you so much for responding!  I've heard a few gripes about the locaiton of the chapel because it's supposedly near the food court.  Do you feel it detracted from the setting?  Also, how did your photos turn out?  Lastly, do you mind saying where you had your reception?

Thanks!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mgm-grand-diego-mexican-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:875ca5c3-862d-4f6a-9141-16ed62feff98Post:c853731d-cf84-4b94-b1f3-8e7468be3e63">Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Jenny, I recently had my wedding ceremony at the MGM. My wedding planner, Annie, was fantastic and everything went perfect the day of. The chapel was very classy and tasteful and the staff is very nice and accomodating. I can't personally speak about Diego bc I did not eat there, but the people from my party who did were raving about it. Is there anything in particular about the chapel or ceremony you want to know? I'll help you as much as i can!
    Posted by marocha14[/QUOTE]
  • Im having my weddnig reception at the MGM Skylofts.  I toured the MGM chapel in August.  It is very nice but you do have to walk through the food court to get to it.  When you are coming and going you will def be right in the middle of it.  With that said its really a personal preferance- does it matter to you that your guests will be walking through it for less than 5 minutes?  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mgm-grand-diego-mexican-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:875ca5c3-862d-4f6a-9141-16ed62feff98Post:aa228928-e48b-44e5-9577-79a9f41b772f">Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much for responding!  I've heard a few gripes about the locaiton of the chapel because it's supposedly near the food court.  Do you feel it detracted from the setting?  Also, how did your photos turn out?  Lastly, do you mind saying where you had your reception? Thanks! In Response to Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner :
    Posted by jennyjuice09[/QUOTE]

It is near the food court, but it really didn't bother me at all. The inside of the chapel and the officiant (Douglas Linderman) made up for the location. I heard nothing but good things from the guests and none of them mentioned the location as a negative. I know a lot of people have had a negative response to Cashman, but I have to say, our photographer and our photos came out great. I forgot the girl's name, but she's Polish...maybe you can requst her if you're interested. They do stick it to you a bit when it comes time to order the prints. They give you a certain amount of pictures for free, but if you want to buy the rights to all the pics, it's about $1,000. That being said, they never pressured us into buying anything we didn't want to buy.

We ended up having our reception at Texas de Brazil off the strip (about a 5 minute cab ride). We had a private dining room for 40 people reserved for 2 hours. Food and drinks were included. I don't know the specifics on pricing bc my in-laws paid for this. The staff at the restaurant was amazing and the food was plentiful.

So, bottom line, The place is great and I personally think you get a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to the packages they offer. If you can look past the location, then I'd say to go for it. I certainly didn't regret my decion one bit. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • Diego is sooooo yummy!! If I was getting married there I would have my reception there!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I too am having our ceremony at MGM in The Legacy Chapel. I've had a friend who had hers there and loved it. Glad to hear you liked it as well Marocha. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mgm-grand-diego-mexican-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:875ca5c3-862d-4f6a-9141-16ed62feff98Post:827b1b39-7ee7-490b-800a-1be0d14c6d2e">Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having my weddnig reception at the MGM Skylofts.  I toured the MGM chapel in August.  It is very nice but you do have to walk through the food court to get to it.  When you are coming and going you will def be right in the middle of it.  With that said its really a personal preferance- does it matter to you that your guests will be walking through it for less than 5 minutes?  
    Posted by lmelchione[/QUOTE]

<div>I would love to here how the skyloft reception goes! i am thinking about that also!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will def post reviews when I get back :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mgm-grand-diego-mexican-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:875ca5c3-862d-4f6a-9141-16ed62feff98Post:a4e8d30f-c22f-433b-8dd9-dd2ce3af477b">Re: MGM Grand & diego mexican dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I too am having our ceremony at MGM in The Legacy Chapel. I've had a friend who had hers there and loved it. Glad to hear you liked it as well Marocha. 
    Posted by Kimberlybfpc[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You won't regret your decision. They're fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards