Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

BM's Son At Rehearsal, But Not Wedding

We are only inviting family kids to the wedding, and this BM knows and has no problem with that. She has mentioned things to me before (unrelated to the wedding) about her parents getting annoyed when she asks them to babysit too often or too many days in a row. I was thinking of mentioning to her that if she needs to she could bring her son to the rehearsal, but would that be rude since he is not invited to the wedding?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BM's Son At Rehearsal, But Not Wedding

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I wouldn't mention it or bring up her son in any way.  If she actually brings him, I'd let it go, but unless and until it happens, I'd leave it as her responsibility to find someone to babysit her son.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I'd wait if she brings it up, even in passing.
    How old is her son? That might change my answer.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mention it, but I'd welcome him for the RD.

I hope she has other people who can babysit for her.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    amalamaamalama member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013

Her son is 5. I know paying a babysitter would be tough for her, and I think her other option would be for her BF to stay home (he's not in the wedding but obviously is invited to the dinner). She would probably mention that's why he's not going to the dinner if that's what she decides to do, so I can always just tell her to go ahead and bring her son if she wants to when that comes up. Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    amalama said:

Her son is 5. I know paying a babysitter would be tough for her, and I think her other option would be for her BF to stay home (he's not in the wedding but obviously is invited to the dinner). She would probably mention that's why he's not going to the dinner if that's what she decides to do, so I can always just tell her to go ahead and bring her son if she wants to when that comes up. Thanks!
    I think this would work out the best!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with previous posters; if she brings him along, then let it go. If you're getting married at a church, you may want to check with their staff before the rehearsal. Our wedding packet says they don't allow children at the rehearsal, but they do have babysitting available at the church with a few days' advance notice if need be, other churches may have something similar. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards