Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

It's Friday! (good morning)

Morning!  TGIF!  I'm glad the day is here.  It's freezing here today!  It's like someone turned on the air around here.  Last evening was good, I licked all the invitation envelops shut, tied the drink packets I'm putting in the OOT bags together, and bought candy to put in the OOT bags.  I plan on doing a lot of DIY  stuff this weekend. (We'll see if it gets finished).
  Work was actually really good yesterday-my kids are so freaking funny!  I love having special ed kids:-)  FI is going to an auction tonight, so that means I'll have free rein of the house for my many projects.  Hoping to go to Morgantown this weekend as well to get some things at Michaels (and to have a cup of Starbucks since it's the closest one!)  Otherwise pretty quiet weekend here.
  Have a great weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's Friday! (good morning)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning,

I have a meeting this morning, then my Mom is getting into town around 1:30. I am so happy that this week is over, I have just been dragging.

I love how the board blew up yesterday! How fun!

Heather- have fun taking reign of the house! Sounds like you are on a roll with your projects!

Have a great day and weekend all!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, also, Heather, I love that you are going to Morgantown! I went to school there and love it. My BFF just moved to Bruceton Mills, we are visiting her tomorrow.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF, this was the longest week ever!  DF and I are going to Macy's to register tonight! Yay! Hopefully the weekend is relaxing and a little warmer than it is today! Brr, high of 47 today :(

Heather-I'm so impressed with your "Martha Stewart" skills!  Enjoy the evening to your self, enjoy a glass of wine while your at it! Wink

JL-Enjoy the weekend with your mom in town!  How fun! Any fun plans while she is here? 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I TOTALLY agree - this week has felt SO long!! ugh - Thank god it's almost over!! My parents are coming to Philly this weekend! I'm so excited! They should arrive around 4:00 and we're going to dinner at an amazing restaurant right near my office called Nectar - can't wait! Then mom and I are going to KOP for a little retail therapy ;) Tomorrow my dad has to speak in Delaware and my mom and I are meeting up w/ FMIL to look for dresses for them! FMIL is shopping for my wedding and my mom is shopping for my brothers wedding in October! So much fun! Then we're all going to dinner tomorrow night... It should be a fun weekend!

Heather - You are so impressive with your amazing DIY skills!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your alone time!
    jl - Enjoy the weekend with you mom!! I hope the weather is good for you!
    Meg - I hope it warms up a bit too! I was loving the 80-90 degree weather! GL with registering!! yay!! I hope you have a great time!!
  • Options
    spm88spmspm88spm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone from a Newbie -

Duqcheer, I'm glad you're registering at Macy's...I work for them (although not on the sales floor.)  :-)  I hope it goes well.  

DF and I are going to drive around and look at venues this weekend - many suggested by you helpful Knotties on the board.  

Enjoy your weekend!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Spm!  I'm happy to see you posting today!  We all love hearing about newbie's weddings :)  Have fun looking at venues this weekend!  How exciting.  When is your big day?

Gianna- Enjoy the weekend with your parents!  Dress shopping with your mom and FMIL will be fun :)  I did some online shopping for my mom yesterda! haha She bought a dress a few weeks ago, but I'm not crazy about it.  She hates everything MOB, she is young (46) and every MOB dress "ages" her! 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! I had a nice 2 days off, but at least it's Friday, so I don't really mind being at work. Yesterday we checked out the Air & Space Museum, as well as the HIrshhorn. I will definitely have to go back, b/c we didn't even make it to the second floor of the Air & Space- so much to see. I'm really glad it's gotten cooler- my apt. is now almost a normal temp. I cannot take living in 85 degrees constantly- zaps my energy and takes away my appetite. Tonight I'm hanging out with my friend while DH is playing cards- we'll prob. do dinner downtown, then she wants to see the White House at night. She leaves tom., so the rest of the weekend will consist of returning to the norm- meal planning, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.

H- I don't think I could survive without a closer Michael's and Starbucks! Enjoy your outing tom., and evening alone tonight!

Jl- Have fun with your mom this weekend- I hope the meeting with FMIL goes well!

Meg- Yay for registering tonight- have fun!

G- Sounds like a fun weekend- enjoy the time with your family!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!  I had power yoga bootcamp last night (SO HARD) and then met up with a newly engaged girlfriend at a new tacos and tequila bar here, then ended up later on at a Project Runway viewing party at a random bar :)  Fun times!  Today FI and I are going to look at more wedding bands for him, then he leaves for New Orleans this afternoon for a bachelor party.  I'll be out of the office most of today.

Heather, what are the drink packets for your OOT bags?  That sounds cool.
    JL, have fun with your mom and the FILs this weekend!
    Meg, have fun registering!  We had a really good experience at Macys :)
    G, have fun with your parents!  I lurve KOP.
    SPM, which venues are you going to look at?
    Kim, I'm glad your days off were FUN!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gm all.  I had a final exam this morning.  DH comes home tonight and we're going to an open house Sunday.  Our plan is to just relax this weekend.  We need to catch up on laundry and I need to repack all the crystal from Easter (our home isn't big enough to have both sets of dishes out). 

Have a great day everyone!!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

JL- Bruceton Mills is only like 35 miles from my house!  Do you take 68 to get there?  We are the Frostburg exit in Maryland:-)  Have fun!
    Megan-Have fun registering ! That's been one of the most fun things we've done so far:-)  And don't you worry-I almost always have a glass of wine when I'm doing multiple projects-it really helps!

gmc-sounds like a fun weekend, enjoy your parents and especially the shopping!  You're going to have so much fun!

spm-glad to see you posting!  Have fun looking at venues.  I hope you find something you like!

Kim-Glad you and your friend have been having such a great time!  It sounds like you've really gotten to do a lot.  I hate not having Michael's or Starbucks near me, but thankfully I do have  a JoAnn's, though it's very small.  I always stock up when I'm in Pittsburgh:-)

Jenn-Sounds liek another great evening for you!  The drinks packets are to go with the waterbottles I'm putting in the bags.  I personally am not a big waterdrinker, so I'm including those little packets you can mix with water to make Iced tea, lemonade, Kool-aid, and even an instant coffee one since many hotels have microwaves they can just heat it up!  I'm including a variety so they can pick what they really like.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather, you are so full of good ideas!  Another thing I might steal :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards