Wisconsin

Why aren't you using a wedding planner?

And how much would you be willing to pay for their services if you wanted one?

Re: Why aren't you using a wedding planner?

• I had a Day of Coordinator. It was $1,200 for her and her assistant.
  • I thought of hiring one but the venue we picked has a very organized coordinator. She works as a Day of Coordinator if you don't hire a separate one, and I figured we could save the money elsewhere and let her do her thing.

I didn't feel the need to hire a planner for during because my FMIL and mom are helping me with planning and my FMIL is also very organized.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Not sure of cost and when paying for everything yourself cost is a big thing.

• I didn't hire one and regretted it. But for my sisters we had a Day of.

I thought I wouldn't be able to afford one. That it was only for the rich lol.
  • muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I thought of hiring one but the venue we picked has a very organized coordinator. She works as a Day of Coordinator if you don't hire a separate one, and I figured we could save the money elsewhere and let her do her thing. I didn't feel the need to hire a planner for during because my FMIL and mom are helping me with planning and my FMIL is also very organized.

This is true for us too.  Our venue contact is amazing, and I've had recommendations for her work personally from multiple friends that I don't see a wedding planner necessary at the venue.  The church provides their own coordinator for the event too so I feel pretty safe relying on those two.

If I felt like I wanted an image/look for the wedding then I would maybe entertain a wedding planner to put that look together.  But honestly FI and I don't want anything over the top so that's not needed.  The people there celebrating with us are more important than the party it's self.

Mom and MOH also work in the hospitality industry so they know the ins and outs of these types of events and have handled most of the contract negotiating things...  Only thing we will still need is help setting up the venue, but there will be enough people to help with that when the time comes.

• What exactly does a "Day Of coordinator" do? I'm wondering if I should hire one, but my parents are picking up the tab and I don't want to add unnecessary costs. I know I wouldn't regret having one, but would I regret NOT having one? I'm confused as to what they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards