Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

It's Thursday!

Hi Everyone!

We are almost to the weekend! Woo hoo!

So last night I went and got my hair done with Jillian at Studio Raw. Thank you to all the knotties who suggested her! The salon was so much fun and Jillian was awesome. My color and cut turned out great. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to see what my hair will look like when it's curly.

Hope everyone has a good day!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Thursday!

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!  Yesterday I had a lot of meetings, but got to go out with some coworkers to celebrate one winning a fellowship, so that was nice!  We also set up meetings with a few florists, our venue coordinator, and Rev Mark for next weekend, so that's exciting. I'm so looking forward to the weekend at this point!
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  It's raining here and it makes it so hard for me to get moving.  I just want it to be the weekend. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amy -  is there snow coming at all to you guys?  we're supposed to get an inch or two tomorrow in boston... lame.
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Hooray for Thursday!!

Nothing exciting over here. I did talk to my Uncle's friend who quoted me at $400 for the wedding cake. That is CRAZY! Movin' on! I'm going to call Prantl's today. So, depending on taste, it'll be b/t Paddy Cake, Prantl's, and Oakmont Bakery. I know some people said Paddy Cake is super sweet, but so was the lady who called me, so I am so on board! She was the nicest lady and had the thickest Pittsburgh accent. I already love her. :)

I am trying not to focus on wedding stuff today. The only things I have to do is:
    1. Call Prantls
    2. Call my florist to add another boutineer
    3. If I get time play with my table numbers.

The hotel for the honeymoon still did not work last night, so I am taking a break and trying again tomorrow.

Sari- Pics of your new cut, please!
    Amy- It's yucky here too.
    MD- Glad you got to escape your lab for some fun times!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    mdphd-  Earlier in the week they said snow, but now they are saying a mix of rain and snow.  I hope just rain, I'm done with the snow.  How much snow are you guys expected to get?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!
    I had school work to do last night, but was completely distracted so it took me from the time I got home to about midnight to finish - I'm SO incredibly unmotivated to do any school work it's unbelievable! Ugh... only 2ish more weeks for this semester... thank goodness. Other than that, just relaxed and watched Idol and ANTM... pretty uneventful night.

sari - glad you had a good hair experience! It's always so wonderful to get your hair done :)

md - sounds like you're on a WR roll!! I too am SO ready for the weekend!

amy - the dreary weather definitely stinks... and causes for a really annoying morning commute :( I hate driving in Philly...

j - you're SO close!!! I'm sure everything will come together perfectly. I've never been to Oakmont Bakery, but I just adore Prantl's - GL with the cake decision!!
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

GMC-  I know... this mornings commute was crazy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_its-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:e00a488f-015e-492c-abb4-1c5405c16bcePost:d0af1629-ea22-4eea-b86a-61faa0fe20a8">Re: It's Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]GMC-  I know... this mornings commute was crazy. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

OMG I know... it took me almost 30 mins to EXIT OFF THE TURNPIKE at KOP and it wasn't even raining!!!!!!! Ugh... I despise Philly traffic patterns (well, Philly traffic in general)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards