Texas-Austin
Options

Friday wedding.....

Okay...So God willing we are getting married next year in sept. the original date was suppose to be 9-3-11....However we are trying to move foward to book our venue this month.....I am debating on going with a friday wedding(9-2-2011).....can I get some in-put please??? Is anyone else doing a friday/sunday wedding?

Re: Friday wedding.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did a Friday wedding...it was perfect because we had the whole weekend to enjoy afterward...plus it was cheaper for most things. I highly recommend it.
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the advice....We are leaning more towards a friday wedding.....

• Options
    carla_raecarla_rae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on a Friday (2/25/11) and most of my guest are excited because the out of town guests get a "weekend" away. I say do it!
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Friday bride as well due to reception start times and Mass times at church. So far it's been fine.

The best piece of advice I can give is to start your ceremony kind of later in the evening so as to avoid traffic issues. Our ceremony starts at 7, will last an hour, and the reception will end around midnight. Because of the late start times, we have decided not to invite children as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're doing a Friday wedding, and the areas we've saved are in the reception venue/catering, and photography.

• Options
    edited December 2011

i'm getting married on a friday...my guest don't seem to have an issue and all invited are coming. i only picked friday becasue it was a year to the date after we got engaged.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding date is also a Friday and I have found that not only are things cheaper with vendors and rental places but the idea of having the whole weekend to just be alone and soak up wedding bliss is quite exciting and comforting. Ive also found that most of our guests are even more excited as they will get a long weekend off of work since taking off Friday for the wedding.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    I'm a wedding photographer in Austin and offer a 10% discount on my plans for Friday and Sunday weddings.  Many other vendors offer similar discounts which can help save thousands in the end.  If you haven't decided on a photographer you can look through my website and blog linked below.  Good luck with the planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards