Ohio-Cleveland

Affordable, good cake, Cleveland!

Could anyone give me some reviews( bad or good) on places to get wedding cake in Cleveland, Ohio? I have found many places online but none with reviews. Any help appreciated.

Re: Affordable, good cake, Cleveland!

• Wild Flour Bakery in Rocky River. I met with one of their designers last week and she was so unbelievably nice and helpful in trying to duplicate my vision for a wedding cake. Their cake is delicious too! And reasonably priced. They came highly recommended by several places when we were looking around at reception sites. We booked with them without feeling the need to look elsewhere for comparison.  
  • If you are willing to go outside of Cleveland you can try Cakes by Christina.  She is located in Kent, Ohio.
  • I'm using Philomena Gales of Fun in the Oven-Cakes by Phil.  Her French buttercream is amazing!  She is very cool and very nice. 

(330) 468-3994
    http://www.phillsfunintheoven.com
  • We used Breads and Beyond out of Parma. For basic cake flavors, they're priced at $1.85/slice, which I think is VERY affordable. Their cakes and buttercream frosting are tasty, too. Wild Flour cakes are excellent, too, but I thought they were more than $2/slice? What do you consider to be a price that fits your budget?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used wild flour in rocky river.  I was pretty disappointed.  The cake was nothing like I expected.  It looked slapped together, not polished at all.  I was so disappointed because I had seen other cakes by them that I thought were beautiful.  I would not go back (although I agree with the other poster that Mona, the consultant I met with, was super easy to work with and drew a beautiful cake - it just didn't turn our like I thought it would).  I got my groom's cake from create-a-cake in Lakewood.  I LOVED IT!  It turned out exactly how I expected, and although I didn't taste it, everyone was raving about how delicious it was (no one really mentioned the wedding cake as far as looks or taste).
  • A lot of times you will find the bakeries outside of the city (like Kent, as was mentioned above, for example) will have very competitive quality, and the prices are often such that even with the delivery charge you still save money.  If you didn't attend the show at the IX over the past weekend, take a look at the vendor list from that show--some great cake there. 
    Brian The "Cake Delivery Boy" The Cake Boutique, Warren, Ohio http://www.cakeboutiqueshop.com
  • I used Sweet Beginnings in Downtown willoughby they were the best price I could fine and they are really good!
    Can't wait to marry my prince! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards