Flowers

Calla Lilies :)

My sister is getting married in October and I'm making her bouquets and flower centerpieces for her. She really wants calla lillies and..... and that's what we haven't figured out yet! :) I can't for the life of me find any flower that fits well with calla lilles. If you ladies have any ideas and pics, it would be appreciated!  Thanks a lot!

Re: Calla Lilies :)

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 120 Invited
    image 61 Are ready to party! image 59 Have better things to do image0 Are lollygagging
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand the problem.....most flowers "go" with callas. they can be arranged with really any type of flower...just pick a favorite flower and use it.
  • edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned Princess Orchids
  • edited December 2011
    @ Flower_Diva, I know lots of flowers "go" with calla lillies. My problem is the arrangement.  Calla lillies are such an odd shape and I don't know really how to arrange them. I'm usually really good at flower arangements but this just threw me for a loop.  Everything I've shown my sister she doesn't really like.  I may just give up and do nothing but calla lillies.  Thanks everyone for your advice and pics!
  • edited December 2011
    just use callas alone... they are spectacular , simple and very easy to work with... 

• edited December 2011
      I would just use the calla lilies alone and accent them with lily or bear grass, curly willow or maybe seeded eucalyptus if you feel like you need more filler. They have a simple, elegant shape that doesn't need a lot of dressing up IMO.
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colors are purple and yellow. I am using yellow calla lilies everywhere! My bouquet is yellow calla lilies with a dark purple hydrangea base and my bridesmaids our carrying a small bouquet of just yellow calla lilies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards