Getting in Shape
Options

Always hungry?

So the past week or so I have been trying to add in more protein & stuff but I am just hungry all the time. I feel like I cant eat enough. I am eating all my points and using weeklies too. I am not eating alot of processed foods or carbs. Trying to eat alot of fruits, veggies, chicken, dairy. I just dont understand why Its 5:30 and I feel like I could eat a horse when we never eat till 6:30-7.

Anyone else feel like this too?
Photobucket

Re: Always hungry?

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    What are you eating and when, can you list everything youve eaten today and at what time? What kind of activity are you getting? Water intake?
  • Options
    Are you getting enough fiber? It makes you feel fuller longer, so adding some whole grains to your diet may help.
    Anniversary
  • Options

7:45- protein shake with banana
    10:00-strawberries
    12-salad with chicken/veggies, string cheese
    2:45- high fiber oatmeal.

I drink about 74 oz min at work not including what I drink at home. Before dinner I am already at like 55 grams of protein. It may not seem like alot of food but it has alot of protein & fiber so I am not sure why I am feeling hungry. Ussually I have oatmeal with nuts, raisins or fruit added in for breakfast instead of the protein shake. Ive had already 5 servings of fruit/veggies.

Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Im going to make some suggestions.

You need a heartier breakfast. An eggwhite ommlett with a whole wheat english muffin, along with your protein shake, will probably keep you feeling fuller longer. The banana is a lot of suger/carbs - maybe have half for a snack later on with a small handful of almonds or a yogurt. For lunch, try adding in some 1% cottage cheese, maybe make some home made croutons with a whole wheat bread to add to your salad to beef it up a bit. For another snack, have some veggies  with hummus. If you work out in the afternoon, have another protein drink (just protein powder in milk) after you are finished.

Your food, while probably in your points, isnt bulky enough. A shake and a banana forbreakfast just does not seem like enough to me. You have ALL DAY to burn off your breakfast, you are ending a fast, so eat a larger breakfast as opposed to a large dinner. have some turkey bacon with your eggs, add some cheese.

For reference, I eat 130g + of protein a day, 30-50g of fat, and 130-170g of carbs, on a 17-1900cal diet. I am only hungry if I put off eating too long. Just completely tweek the foods you are eating and the combinations.
  • Options
    ok thanks Nebb. I think I will try that. I think for breakfast tomarrow I will have some scrambled eggs with a little cheese and some turkey sausage ( I dont have turkey bacon). I will try to tweak my meals like you mentioned. I just try my hardest to get in my fruits & veggies and it seems like I just end up hungry all the time. I will start eating a much bigger breakfast and that should help. That is alot of protein. Do you mind sharing a typical day and what you eat? It might help tweak my meals.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    When you are doing eggs for breakfast, keep in mind the yolk is where most of the fat is, so if you just do one full egg and then the rest whites, it really cuts down on the calories and fat.

My eating kind of sucks now that I am home all day but I always start off with scrambled eggs (1 egg, three whites) and some cheese. I sometimes have a yogurt cup with that, or a pear/nectarine/apple, and my protein drink (1c ffmilk, 1 scoop protein powder). For lunch I have vegetable soup with 1/2 a cup of cheese tortalini in ot (or a chicken salad, or a sandwich, whatever), I normally have fruit or yogurt if I didnt have it in the morning. I work out in the afternoon and always have cottage cheese and another protein drink once I get home. For dinner I have pork or chicken, veggies of some kind and a sauce depending on what I am having. I normally dont eat carbs with dinner unless I have a wrap or a pita or something. I always have a tea after dinner, sort of like dessert, and maybe a serving of smart pop popcorn in the evening.

Its not idea, but I stay full. I know I could eat a lot cleaner, but I find it hard in the winter months because food costs me more so im limited to what I can buy so I do what I can. I drink anywhere from 2-3litres of water a day, and I find that helps keep me full too, I also take a fiber powder in my tea at night (not to be gross but I have found in the past that a high protein diet, with a lot of dairy can cause... discomfort, the fiber helps).
  • Options
    thanks, that helps alot. I am going to try to try some new things and see if it helps any.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Good luck. I know you are doing WW but you might want to check out that new rules of lifting book we are all talking about - there is a HUGE food section with lots of ideas. I am fairly certain it lists the full nutritional info for the dishes as well, so you can breakdown the nutrients.
  • Options
    oh cool, I will look for it this weekend and check it out. Thanks. I always run out of ideas.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards