Wedding Party

A little confused? Guest to plan bachelorette party?

One of my friends is getting married this May! YAAA!! any ways off to my question lol! Her MOH asked me a question which to me seem odd but maybe not, just to let you all know I'm attending their wedding as a guest. Her MOH asked for me to help plan the brides bachelorette party and for me to help out money wise for the party and that I could also come to the bachelorette party?? is this normal I'm really confused on this because I alway's thought the bachlorette party night was for the bride and BM's. can I get someother thoughts on this please and thanks!   

Re: A little confused? Guest to plan bachelorette party?

• A b-party can include anyone who is also invited to the wedding.

You don't have to co-host if you don't want to but you certainly can if you do.
  • Ok awesome! I wasn't very sure, thank you for clearing that up for me!
  • Well, if you were helping out with the Bachelorette Party, plus helping to pay for it then I would hope you would be invited-LOL! My MOH is inviting all of the bridal party and our friends within the circle-she pretty much just asked me who I would like to be there. It can be a small gathering or 20 or more :)
    Each of those attending the bachelorette party are responsible for paying for themselves and for chipping in someway-a food item, drink, decorations, whatever...to help alleviate the cost on the MOH and bridesmaids.
  • Sounds like she just wants money. If it were me, I'd say, "I'd be glad to help plan if you wish. I can spend x to cover my share and a portion of Bride's costs, so if you want we can plan something around my budget plus yours."
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_a-little-confused-guest-to-plan-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cc297044-f153-4b31-88d7-c53ae9158d81Post:ee72945f-3b01-4847-b1a5-640c3821f419">Re:A little confused? Guest to plan bachelorette party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like she just wants money. If it were me, I'd say, "I'd be glad to help plan if you wish. I can spend x to cover my share and a portion of Bride's costs, so if you want we can plan something around my budget plus yours."
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

<div>This</div>
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • I've been to a few bachelorettes and I've never seen it covered by the MOH and/or the bridesmaids. Everyone covers themselves and then kicks in a bit for the bride's share.

Definitely be upfront about what you are willing to spend. And don't let her push you around. Stand your ground and eventually she will get the point.

Her: "I need help planning and paying for the bachelorette."
    You: "Sure. I can chip in $X to cover myself and part of Bride's costs. What do you want to do?"
    Her: "I want to do XYZ, so I need you to cover $Xtimes3."
    You: "I can only contribute up to $X."
    Her: "But I really want to do XYZ. Bride will want XYZ."
    You: "That's fine. But I can only contribute $X. I can help you call limo companies, I can address the invitations, or I can bake cupcakes if you want, but I absolutely cannot pay more than $X. If you'd rather me not be part of the planning in that case, I totally understand. I'll come as a guest and I'llpay for any activity up to $X."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Thank you all so much for responding! I'm just really hopping her moh understands that I can't spend tons of money. (student + my wedding + life expences = BROKE) LOL! I'm sure we have all been there with our own wedding planning lol! But thank you all again for the words of wisdom, it's been very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards