Pennsylvania
Options

Photography/Videography

Hi ladies! :)  I'm so excited  -  after a few months of up-in-air planning & looking at EVERY. SINGLE. VENUE....we finally found the place & signed the contract!  Whew!  Laughing

So, anyway, we are getting married at the Stroudsmoor (Ridgecrest) in Stroudsburg.  I am looking to see if anyone can offer up any recommendations on a photographer/videographer in that area?  I am looking for a more photojournalistic style, & someone who is a decent price.  I hope to hire someone who can handle both the photos and video.  I'd also like someone who will just give me the photos on a disc & let me print them myself or make my own albums.  Any personal recommendations would be lovely! 

Thanks in advance. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Photography/Videography

• Options
    ldeminicoldeminico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends got married at the Stroudsmoor almost 3 years ago and had a GREAT wedding.  I think they had one of the smaller venues there (can't remember the name).  They used Fahey Photography who traveled from the Pittston area.  My friend was really happy with her album and since I have gotten engaged I have booked them as well (Fahey also did another friends wedding last year).

Good luck with your planning!

Lynne
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! :)  I will look into them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend Melanie Rose Photography. I know her from High School and she does amazing work! She's from NYC area but travels all over and doesn't charge a huge fee for travel. I am actually doing a mini session with her for our 1st anniversary. Check her out.

Here's her website: http://www.melanierosephotos.com/

Here's her facebook page with another photog she does weddings with:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-NY/marlymel-wedding-photography/103319409719112

Here's her pesonal facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Melanie-Rose-Photography/121838128518
  • Options
    blnovakblnovak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Ridgecrest in July and are using Josh Finsel & Amber Breiner Photography... unfortunately this may not be of 100% help because they don't do the videography... but the experience is super personal.
    We recently received our engagement photos and they were spectacular and are so so excited to work with them again for our wedding. My favorite things: they're a husband and wife team so essentially you get 2 for the price of one, they're local-ish to the stroudsmoor, you have the rights to own all of your photos and print them wherever you please and do with them what you please, and they are just the nicest couple and so easy to work with. Find them at www.jfabphotography.com

Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married a few weeks ago and used Steve Klaver. He was AMAZING and had such great ideas. He's more of a photojournalistic approach though if you like that. He was very easy to work with and took some beautiful shots (he showed us some that he took at the wedding and sent little sneak peeks here and there) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also, as far as video we used Eric Karol www.ido-videos.com    Ask for the demo wedding video we loved it! 
  • Options
    MadisonStreetMadisonStreet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shot a wedding at the Stroudsmoor in August.  It is a BEAUTIFUL location, you made a fantastic choice!

I worked in TV news for a number of years so the journalistic approach plays a big part in my videos.  Check us out and if you have any questions about us or videography in general feel free to ask!

-Leslie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards