Vermont
Options

All Souls or The Ponds?

Has/is anyone using All Souls Interfaith gathering in Shelburne with around 125 guests?

Or has anyone had their wedding at The Ponds at Bolton Valley?
We are back to square one in finding a venue and like these two locations for October 2010.

Re: All Souls or The Ponds?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at All Souls and I think for 125, it might be tight to do a formal sit down dinner in the great room (I think 100 works okay in the great room).  We're doing stations/appetizers so that isn't a concern for us, but I wish we had known that before we booked.  I'd be happy to help if you have any other questions. I love working with the space and have found it perfect for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were also deciding between these two places, but for more like 175 guests. We really liked All Souls but ultimately decided it wouldn't be big enough for dinner. We would have had to rent a tent for dinner and do dancing inside, which added a lot of cost and we thought it would break up the guests too much between the inside and the tent. We ended up booking The Ponds for our June wedding because we love the big space and the fact that everyone will be together in one room, plus the catering being included is one less vendor to find and stress about. Plus the outdoor ceremony location is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for some great wedding venues in Vermont, check out www.storiedlocations.com. You can sort through tons of properties on this new site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards