New Hampshire

Recommend your dj!

Hi ladies, I have started the search for a dj for our November wedding. I have contacted A Main Event, Get Down Tonight and Dave Lynch. Here is a list of the djs available on my date in our price range.. (my favorite dj is too expensive :( so im kind of bummed.. I had no idea djs are so pricey!)

Dave Lynch

A Main Event:

Albin Vasquez

Adam Blackstock

Kibar Moussoba

Nolan Pelletier

Get Down Tonight:

Jimi Carter

Pat Messina

Lisa Driscoll

Thomas Lee

Chris Renn

Jeff Stone

Nick Kafejelis

Russ Sheehan

Dean Michael

Drew Rissler
*Jeremy Guilbeault
*Brandon Lloyd

I was wondering if any of you married ladies have used any of them.. would love to hear your reviews, rants, raves, etc.. Me and my FI listen to country, pop, dance and some hip hop.. we want a fun, crazy party so we want someone with a lot of energy and is great with the crowd! :) Thanks a lot!

Re: Recommend your dj!

• edited December 2011
    I'm going to recommend the DJ were having, although he's not from any of those companies.  Honestly, I was looking into those companies and it just seemed like the same ol' wedding DJs.  I searched around and found RaMu and the Crew.  His price is soooo much better than the companies you mentioned and his track record is impeccable.  Not to mention he includes free uplighting.  I've met with him and he's so into his work and prides himself on being a workaholic, making sure he makes your day perfect.  I highly recommend checking him out (at least his reviews on wedding wire).  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm definitely into new ideas also! :) I will check him out, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome!  One more thing; I found his videos of past weddings so helpful to get a feel of how he runs things and gets EVERYONE out on the dance floor! It's kinda addicting ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I've been doing all day, watching videos of djs.. It's hard to chose because there are so many good ones!
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dave Lynch, he was willing to work with in my budget. The ladies here who have used him Rave about him.
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Dave Lynch. We got the recommendation from this board. He was great when we met with him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My rec is not from the list either.  They have djs at all prices.  The one I'm going with is on the higher priced but I heard from a venue that they do have djs much much lower.

NuImage is the company.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Dave Lynch, you can find a review in my married bio. He was awesome to say the very least and I'm sure he could probably work on you with your budget.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dave Lynch = amazing, fabulous, helpful, flexible, wonderful.

AND

Dave Lynch = calls you the day before the wedding to ask if he can do anything for you. Will calm you down. Will tell you everything will be okay. Will probably put together programs at 9:30 p.m. the night before if you asked him to.

Dave Lynch.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear such great reviews about Dave. I was unsure of going with him because there was a few DJ's cheaper than him with the other companies. I'm going to see if he will give us a little discout because it's off-season for weddings. Thank you ladies for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Chica, he really goes above and beyond! I remember getting a call from him the night of the rehearsal and I thought to myself out of all my vendors calling to check on things it's the one GUY haha he is awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have booked Drew Rissler from Get Down Tonight, (wedding is 9/3/11).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Dave Lynch also! I booked strictly based on all the great reviews and can't wait to work with him!
  • deerfield07deerfield07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dean Michael from Get Down Tonight was our DJ and he was awesome!  He did an amazing job.  The dance floor was packed all night.

• edited December 2011
    We used Nolan Pelletier from A Main Event and I was not disappointed.  He did an amazing job and kept the dance floor packed all night long!  I wouldn't make another choice if I had to do it over again.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Nick from Get Down tonight and he was fantastic.  He worked hard since we had mostly non-dancers but he was able to get people up that I would have never expected.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards