Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Opinion on Wedding Band vs. DJ?

What do you prefer when you are at weddings? A band or a DJ? I've always leaned towards a band, but I was surprised when my fiancee prefers a DJ.
Just curious on what your thoughts are. A DJ would save $$..speaking of which, please send recommendations of a preferred band or DJ! THank you :)

Re: Opinion on Wedding Band vs. DJ?

• Options
    See the DJ post above yours for recs. I think both have their pros and cons. I would have loved a band but my husband who is a musician thinks they are cheesy. You can get a larger variety of music with a DJ and IMO a DJ does a better job of keeping the reception flowing at a nice pace, as that is part of their job.
  • Options
    Thank you!! I looked at your suggestions in the above post and think they are all great options. :)
  • Options
    I had a band, and I absolutely loved it. If you have a band that does weddings regularly, they can keep the flow of the evening going as well as a dj can. Our band did mostly weddings, and they actually created the timeline of the evening as soon as we hired them! We ended up tweaking it with my DOC, which they were totally cool with and followed the schedule perfectly.

Of the top 3 things that were important to me, live music was one of them. I sacrificed other things that weren't as important in order to have a live band. If it wasn't as crucial for me, I would have cut costs there and splurged elsewhere.
  • Options
    Thanks! Which band did you hire?
  • Options
    Signature Band. They were one of the most affordable, and they were so so great to work with. Super responsive, and I can't say enough good things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards