Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Budget Bands in Dallas

Looking for a really great band that will do cocktail, dinner, and reception.  Young crowd for reception, so we want a band who can keep people dancing all night.

We'd like to spend $4500, but I'd be willing to go a little over if there's a really great band.

Any suggestions?

Re: Budget Bands in Dallas

• BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom's friend's husband (did you get all that? ;) ) plays with Signature Band. I've heard them perform and they were a blast, they kept everyone dancing. I got a quote from them last summer, $4500 for four hours of playing. We decided to go with a DJ, but I'd still recommend looking into Signature Band for live music.

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a post on this some time ago.  Groove Academy and the Walter Stout Band were mentioned there and I think they are in like the $3k range.
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No idea how much they'd be, but my Dallas area favorites are the Fins and Time Machine.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I really like Professor D. I first heard them at Glass Cactus. I think they are $6000.
    figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
  • edited December 2011
    I hired Signature band. They are like Professor D but less expensive. In the 3-5K range depending on #of pieces. 
  • Lili316Lili316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would also suggest Trey and the Tritones; Signed, Sealed, Delivered; or Bulletproof Brass Band.  I think they're around that price range, but I'm not totally sure.  Also, check out bands from Houston, Austin, etc. - we looked at a few who would travel and play for $4000 or less. 

Just a heads up, as soon as you find a band you like, I would book them.  Granted, I'm getting married in May, which is a popular time, but I had a ton of problems finding a band that was available even 6-7 months out.  I couldn't believe how early many of them were booked up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards