Michigan-Detroit

Photographer Recommendations...Metro Detroit

I'm wondering if anyone knows of an awesome photographer that won't totally break the bank.  We are getting married downtown Detroit and like more candid and artistic photos.  Thanks in advance :)

Re: Photographer Recommendations...Metro Detroit

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check the sticky at the top of the board.  They are filled with vendor recommendations - including photographers.

Also, when you are looking for recommendations, it helps to say what your budget is other than "won't totally break the bank."  What may break the bank for you won't necessarily break another person's budget.
  • amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had plumsodaproductions do mine, unlimited time and 2 photographers for $1500...well worth it...check our their site

plumsodaproductions.com/blog

our sneak peaks are Dave and Amy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Camera Chick. Check out her work.

She is less then $1500 for 2 photographers, unlimited photo's and all rights to your pictures. Check her out! Her work is AMAZING.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had my wedding yet, but I am going to be using the Camera Chick and I am super excited about her. When we met with her and her partner they were fabulous. I felt like I was talking with friends hanging out instead of interviewing a photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Brittani Vaughn. We're paying $700 for before, during and after ceremony, 2 hours of reception, 30 edited images, dvd with reproduction rights. I know she's changing her pricing but not by much. I LOVE her and she is amazing to work with. We just had epics taken with her and she is so great!

http://brittanivaughnphotography.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the recommendations...I can't wait to check them out!

You're right, I should have given a $ amount.  I guess it depends if I LOVE them, but I would say under $2,000.

Keep 'em coming :)

• edited December 2011
    We're going with Lovella Photography. You can take a look at their work on their blog they definitely do a good combination of candid and artistic, I know I really love their style! Their packages start at 1700 :)
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using The Camera Chick, Sandy and Tim are great and every time she posts new pics, I get more and more excited for them to shoot our wedding!!
  • karenbride21karenbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jacqueline marie.  she is AWESOME
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_photographer-recommendationsmetro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e826ecee-ca86-4c1d-94f2-52f84414bdf3Post:1519d7b9-09cb-4927-8d60-fc0a997650a1">Re: Photographer Recommendations...Metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going with Lovella Photography. You can take a look at their work on their blog they definitely do a good combination of candid and artistic, I know I really love their style! Their packages start at 1700 :)
    Posted by emilynnp[/QUOTE]

My FSIL and FBIL used Lovella and loved them. They weren't very friendly to the rest of the WP, which rubbed me the wrong way, but perhaps I didn't have enough of a chance to get to know them. I am personally using Tammy Labar/Tres Jolie Photography, but I believe her packages start at $2200...still, not too far off from $2000 :)

Ditto Liz, the stickies were a godsend with helping me find my vendors. I would have had no idea where to start without these helpful ladies' reviews!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • tabathajamolltabathajamoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK ladies I hate to ask this, but this has been bugging me for a while lol...What and where are stickies? lol
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_photographer-recommendationsmetro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e826ecee-ca86-4c1d-94f2-52f84414bdf3Post:c7d4be95-2cad-415b-84c1-61bf42ce0be8">Re: Photographer Recommendations...Metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK ladies I hate to ask this, but this has been bugging me for a while lol...What and where are stickies? lol
    Posted by tabathajamoll[/QUOTE]
    If you are looking at the main detroit board, they are the first two posts that have push pins in them.
  • db1985db1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Amy from Pure Amour Photography.  We aren't doing e-photos, so haven't had photos taken yet, but her online portfolio looks great.  Packages start at $700.  She may charge a small travel fee ($35 for our wedding in Grosse Ile MI)

• edited December 2011
    We are using Adam Sparkes. We did our engagement session in February and our wedding will be a couple of weeks, but so far we love him. For $1975 you get 2 photographers, all day coverage, digital rights, and an engagement session. He was the first vender we picked and we scheduled our wedding based on his availability in October.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_photographer-recommendationsmetro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e826ecee-ca86-4c1d-94f2-52f84414bdf3Post:e85fb4d9-ed01-427b-a425-469735a29c3a">Re: Photographer Recommendations...Metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Adam Sparkes. We did our engagement session in February and our wedding will be a couple of weeks, but so far we love him. For $1975 you get 2 photographers, all day coverage, digital rights, and an engagement session. He was the first vender we picked and we scheduled our wedding based on his availability in October.
    Posted by Jashley05[/QUOTE]

We were considering him but he was booked.  Loved his artistic photos though!
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Marci Curtis and LOVED her.  I will seriously use her for any other pictures I ever need and tell everyone that needs a photographer about her.  She is $2000 and you get all of your proofs on CD's and DVDs.  She also sets up a little projector slide show at the reception of all the pictures that everyone raved about.  I ended up getting 1400 pictures and they are all amazing! 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • erinkris76erinkris76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bryan Mitchell. He starts at 1900. He is a photojornalist. He is great. He took pictures the whole time!  15 hours.  Here is his blog of enagement pictures and wedding. Mine is Erin and Tony. He is a blast!

http://www.bryanmitchellweddings.com/blog/
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the camera chick! THey did my wedding and we are beyone pleased with their work! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!
  • sarahhillmansarahhillman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Personal Light Photography on Facebook!! :) Good deals on weddings - under $1000!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards